Help with AC/DC style preset

Heres my angus tone used in conjunction with a tone match of the studio version of overdose

attachment.php

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Overdose Fw18.07 - by scotlandyabass

Scotland,
I pulled down your present about 1:00am this morning before heading off to bed. I was blow away by how good it sounded. At first, I found it to be a bit too trebly for my setup, so in the amp block, I rolled back some of the presence, then the treble, and even eased off the treble drive. But each of those changes compromised the character of the patch. So I put them all back at the dimed position as you had it. Then I threw in a GEQ block and rolled off the highs, but again, it lost a little something. Finally I just rolled back the tone control on my guitar, and voila! It was perfect. What a great tone. That one is definitely going 'in the bag' so to speak. I'm running a Music Man Majesty on the bridge pickup, and as expected, rolling off the volume of the guitar made for some really tasty changes. Before I knew it, it was 2:00am and I had to work this morning so I hit the sack. Tonight our band is rehearsing so I'm going to pull out my '63 SG Standard and give that patch a run through. Looking forward to that. Thanks for sharing.
Joe

Sorry - I´m an In-Ear Player............
Get a power amp anyway. 100 watts to your in-ears. Problem solved. :lol

Seriously, acoustic feedback from a speaker to your guitar is a key ingredient. If you can get away with a little stage volume, consider a small powered wedge placed just in front of you. It's a very different experience.

Then I threw in a GEQ block and rolled off the highs, but again, it lost a little something. Finally I just rolled back the tone control on my guitar, and voila! It was perfect.

Not sure where you had placed the EQ block in the chain but placing the EQ block before the amp will yield better results (like rolling off the tone knob) and I would use a PEQ instead of the GEQ for better results. Set it for blocking then move the freq knob until you hear the result you have rolling off the tone knob, you may need to play with the Q setting to adjust the shape of the roll off to either sharp or gradual ;).

Not sure where you had placed the EQ block in the chain but placing the EQ block before the amp will yield better results (like rolling off the tone knob) and I would use a PEQ instead of the GEQ for better results. Set it for blocking then move the freq knob until you hear the result you have rolling off the tone knob, you may need to play with the Q setting to adjust the shape of the roll off to either sharp or gradual ;).
I did have the block placed after the amp block. I'd never given a thought to placing it in front. Your suggestion makes sense though. I'll give that a go.
Thanks!

I use two amps in parallel balanced one left and one right. A plexi and a 1959slp jumped. I tend to use the prerola factory cab. And a slap back delay of 120ms or there about should give the right ambience. It's instant AC/DC!
I will post the preset when I get a chance.

Here you go, three scenes 1 & 2 Rhythm 3 Lead.
I use medium output pickups, you may find you need to adjust the gain to suit your geet.

Axe-Change - Download Preset - HD Classic AC/DC Presets 1-5 - by rustyshed

Rusty

Job done, enjoy this great tone. And again - many thanks Rusty!

Axe-Change - Download Preset - HD Classic AC/DC - by kavoo

One thing - it can be noisy with higher output pickups (especially Scene 3), so some noisegate can be needed. However - shared preset doesn't include noisegate, it's 100% port from Rusty's preset.

Forgot to mention I use the gate in the input for all my presets even high gain ones. Anyone trying these presets may want to adjust that first before adding a gate.

Back
Top Bottom