Help with a CLR repair

It's quite a double whammy here as Atomic and Matrix were thee goto suppliers for cutting edge FR SS amplification and speaker cabs for quite a while - Atomic was even in some sort of loose partnership with Fractal a number of years ago when I bought my Atomic cabs (big buzz at that time). Other options are creeping in (SD PS, x200 cabs...) but I think there's still a window of opportunity for these brands though I'd say they'll have to engage more here as I would imagine Fractal customers are a key to success. Matrix perked up in the other thread, hoping Atomic will here also. I have Matrix GT1000fx into Atomic cabs in light use and fairly satisfied given their 10yr age.

The design should just be sold to someone that can produce and support it. Great product but there are other options that have become available since its introduction.

Mine just went goofy tonight. Sounds like a transistor radio. I do not have time to deal with crappy customer support any recommendations for a replacement company ?

Mine just went goofy tonight. Sounds like a transistor radio. I do not have time to deal with crappy customer support any recommendations for a replacement company ?
What do you mean? For repair or for different speakers? I'm not sure another company can help with the repair...

It sounds like the woofer is no longer working. I would open up the back and check all the connections (especially between the amp module and the woofer (speaker)).

Just wanted to give a shout out to Tom King. I contacted him in January with a CLR that needed repair. Immediate response on a Saturday from Tom. Got me an RMA set up and mailed up the "guts" of the wedge. Got the unit back on 2/27/23 and it's all good. I forgot how good the CLR sounded. Thanks Tom.

This and Xitone and third rate class D power amps are exactly why I prefer to use a separate power amp with passive FR FR.

I don't know about Xitone, or about the quality of the power amp in the Atomic CLR, but my wedge worked like a champ for like 10 years without issues before it died. If I get another 10 years out of it, I will be stoked.

I don't know about Xitone, or about the quality of the power amp in the Atomic CLR, but my wedge worked like a champ for like 10 years without issues before it died. If I get another 10 years out of it, I will be stoked.
This is my hope, as well. My power/DSP section should arrive tomorrow, and I’m looking forward to it. If it sounds as good as it did for the first bunch of years, I’ll be happy. Hopefully, Tom’s working out the kinks and future repairs won’t be the very bad situation that has caused such ill will towards Atomic recently.

I have a CLR wedge that stopped working. I got an RMA from Tom King on Feb 21 and sent the amp in for repair. Tom actually called me and said it would be 1-2 weeks. I sent it in and tracking shows it was delivered on Feb 27 I have not heard a thing from him despite a few emails sent to support asking for its status.

Does anyone have any info on if they are still a quality company?

Just wanted to give a shout out to Tom King. I contacted him in January with a CLR that needed repair. Immediate response on a Saturday from Tom. Got me an RMA set up and mailed up the "guts" of the wedge. Got the unit back on 2/27/23 and it's all good. I forgot how good the CLR sounded. Thanks Tom.
I sent one back a few weeks ago and have not heard a thing from Tom. All I have is the support email, do you know a phone number etc to contact him?

I sent one back a few weeks ago and have not heard a thing from Tom. All I have is the support email, do you know a phone number etc to contact him?
Send the email to support, ask him to call you and provide your number. He did call me.

Send the email to support, ask him to call you and provide your number. He did call me.
We have already done that and spoken on the phone. The problem is I sent the amp in on an RMA after the call and it has been 2 1/2 weeks with no replies to a couple of emails I sent to verify he got it etc. (tracking shows it was delivered). I would like to get it back obviously.

We have already done that and spoken on the phone. The problem is I sent the amp in on an RMA after the call and it has been 2 1/2 weeks with no replies to a couple of emails I sent to verify he got it etc. (tracking shows it was delivered). I would like to get it back obviously.
You should give him a call on the number you spoke with him on prior. He always answered when I called. He has gone silent for a few weeks more than once, so hopefully you will be able to get in touch.

You should give him a call on the number you spoke with him on prior. He always answered when I called. He has gone silent for a few weeks more than once, so hopefully you will be able to get in touch.
Agree, I should have saved the number. Do you happen to have the number still or can you confirm it was a 917 area code since I think I may have it in history? Appreciate your time.

Back
Top Bottom