Help Wanted: Chasing Strymon DIG Digital Delay Preset (GOLDEN RATIO)

unclematt

I'm obsessed with recreating this clip from the Strymon DIG demo at 3:29. Had a DIG and loved it, I could recreate this with the pedal

Anyone up for seeing if they can dial it in?

I'm using the 61.8 L/R Time Ratio to get the "golden ratio" repeats and EQing out the lows on the repeats. I just can't get that heavenly mid-range wash.

Thanks, Matt

Cool pedal. Might want to check out the Plex Delay block using a fair bit of high and low cut.

I'm obsessed with recreating this clip from the Strymon DIG demo at 3:29. Had a DIG and loved it, I could recreate this with the pedal

Anyone up for seeing if they can dial it in?

I'm using the 61.8 L/R Time Ratio to get the "golden ratio" repeats and EQing out the lows on the repeats. I just can't get that heavenly mid-range wash.

Thanks, Matt

Google the "Strymon DIG White Paper." Absolutely required reading! (I would post the link directly but I don't have enough "cred" for that yet :laughing: )

Specifically, the 'Ping-Pong' section (which is really two ping-pongs in series with NO mono summing—rare!), and the 'ADM' section.
I have experimented with making these kinds of delays with other rack units, but I always run into a brick wall somewhere with the compression. I think you really need a compressor in the feedback path to have any hope to get those long, smooth, reverb-like tails! I don't know off the top of my head if any Axe-FX delay models have compressors in the feedback paths....hopefully there is a way to re-route a feedback path to the beginning of a delay line (w/several FX blocks inside)....either way, even if all the right ingredients are there, I could see this turning into a big, possibly months-long project to really make it "work"; though I could see some pretty fast progress on something simple, like one delay line (or a pair in stereo)—I would definitely test that first to see if it sinks or swims.

Check out factory preset 366
Could you tell me a little bit more about this preset? I actually don't own Axe-FX (I just like to keep up with what's going on with it, and occasionally chime in when I think I can help sort out some algorithmic knots, or help out with some Lexicon PCM matrix madness ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom