**HELP** - USB audio dropping out when using AXE Fx III as audio interface

There are several posts in the usb firmware 1.14 thread. This has been going on for a while now. It seems to be sort of random. I will admit that I had to upgrade my motherboard, cpu and ram due to an issue with my motherboard, last month. Once I upgraded everything the issue improved significantly. You might look into the USB drivers for your motherboard. Once I installed the ones for my new MB is when things got better for me. It is still not completely fixed, just better and happens way less than before.

I've had similar issues for years, haven't found a solution yet but if it's hardware related I doubt there is a solution. It happens to me when I switch off tube amps then the Axe Fx is powered on. Usually the amps are connected to one of the loops with a load.

I have the same issue with my Mac 2020 mini M1. After being on for a few hours (or days) it stops seeing the AxeIII as its audio interface, a reboot of the Axe always fixes it. I assumed it was a Mac issue, I made sure everything under 'power' settings was set to 'never sleep' but it still happens occasionally... now that I've read it here, I felt I should add this information to this thread since it's apparently happening on Windows as well, so I wish to add the information that it's happening to me on a Mac as well.
Have the same problem, same Mac mini, after the Firmware update to 21 just start the audio and cut it...Don't know what to do :confused::oops::rolleyes:

Happened again to me last night. I was playing back a track in Cubase after having recorded some stuff and the sound just cut. Cubase continued on like nothing happened and no sound from other applications either so it's not a Cubase problem. The Axe FX continued on like no problem either as I could play through it with headphones plugged in. Seems like a USB driver issue? Rebooting the Axe FX resolved it. I have no idea how to recreate the issue as it seems almost random with no noticeable patterns when it happens. I updated the USB driver close to the same time I upgraded to FW21, which I upgraded the day it dropped, and issues started afterward but not sure which update is the cause.

As I mentioned this has been reported before. Not trying to be a jerk and dismiss this since a number of us have the issue, just saying that others in the firmware 1.14 have had the same issue since that firmware install. Go have a look. I know that @amandio has been trying to get people to provide repeatable steps to help figure out the issue, so we know it is being looked at as well as Matt mentioned earlier in the thread something similar, I think. Just hang in there until the team at Fractal has it worked out.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/usb-firmware-v-1-14-release.185295/

Had a dropout on my Fm9 Turbo today, after updating to new Firmware 4.0, did not happen before..not good..

I had the same problem. I got a new cable and it fixed it. I thought it was because I got a fancy cable, but I think it is because it is only 3 feet long.

Happening to me as well.. Mac and axe fx III..
Only started happening a few months back though.. Basically can't see the axe as an audio interface anymore and have to turn it on and off for it to work again.

Happening to me as well.. Mac and axe fx III..
Only started happening a few months back though.. Basically can't see the axe as an audio interface anymore and have to turn it on and off for it to work again.
Same for me. Apple Mac Studio disconnects from the Axe FX III, and I can’t connect via Axe Edit. The only thing that brings the connection back is to power down the Axe FX III and restart it. When I first started using the Mac Studio, I didn’t have any issues. Same O/S since then too.

Generally I have to do it when I turn my Axe Fx III on and my MacBook has not been shut down or restarted since the last time I had my Axe Fx III on.
I have to do it every time I plug in, which isn’t ok. Unplugging and plugging back in does not work every time and, honestly, this shouldn’t be something I have to deal with every 2 to 5 minutes when playing.

Happened to me twice on a show last week - suddenly no output from my laptop through USB to outputs 3 and 4. MIDI PC and CC information still transmitted and processed, and guitar signal still good on outputs 1 and 2.

I've been using the Axe quite a bit over the holidays so I just wanted to give an update. I went about 2 weeks without an issue, then the last 2 days I have experienced the dropouts again. I have had to reboot the Axe 7 - 8 times a day unfortunately. I have tried disconnecting all other USB devices. I have changed the USB cord 4 times (even tried a shorter one). I have changed USB ports. I have have had dropouts regardless of whether I am using Axe Edit or not. I can confirm that the connection to Axe Edit also disconnects and does not reconnect by simply un-plugging and re-plugging the USB cable. Axe Edit also does not reconnect until the Axe has been rebooted. I just can't seem to find any correlation as to why it happens or make it repeatable.

I am seriously considering purchasing another interface with spdif and adat because I can't deal with the AXE as an interface any longer. Anyone else have positive results from an interface with spdif and adat expandability? I would be interested in hearing what is working for you.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I've owned the Axe since 2019 and used the same computer and operating system and only recently started experiencing the audio dropouts.

I've been using the Axe quite a bit over the holidays so I just wanted to give an update. I went about 2 weeks without an issue, then the last 2 days I have experienced the dropouts again. I have had to reboot the Axe 7 - 8 times a day unfortunately. I have tried disconnecting all other USB devices. I have changed the USB cord 4 times (even tried a shorter one). I have changed USB ports. I have have had dropouts regardless of whether I am using Axe Edit or not. I can confirm that the connection to Axe Edit also disconnects and does not reconnect by simply un-plugging and re-plugging the USB cable. Axe Edit also does not reconnect until the Axe has been rebooted. I just can't seem to find any correlation as to why it happens or make it repeatable.

I am seriously considering purchasing another interface with spdif and adat because I can't deal with the AXE as an interface any longer. Anyone else have positive results from an interface with spdif and adat expandability? I would be interested in hearing what is working for you.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I've owned the Axe since 2019 and used the same computer and operating system and only recently started experiencing the audio dropouts.

Have you tried plugging into a powered hub? Have you tried a usb cable with ferrite rings? Other people have reported success with those measures.

Have you tried plugging into a powered hub? Have you tried a usb cable with ferrite rings? Other people have reported success with those measures.
I haven't heard of ferrite rings before. Is that the same thing as ferrite choke? I'll try anything at this point. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Back
Top Bottom