Help uploading user cabs

roodboy

Inspired
I can't get the user cabs to upload to the axefx. I'm using the latest version of the Lars software and have the axfx 6.06 firmware installed.
In cabinet utilities I have 5 cabs loaded in the active cabinets and 5 loaded active files but I can't figure out how to get them into the axefx.
I have read the wiki and searched this site and watched the tutorial videos and I must be mssing something.
If someone could help me out on this I would appreciate it.
Thanks'
Rudy

javajunkie said:
Just drag and drop from the cabinet files to the active cabinets
I reallly appreciate the reply.
I did that but then when I went to use a user cab one on the axefx that was in active cabinet slot one nothing happened.
Should the file have a certain extension in its name or be a certain type for the axefx to see it?
The files I was using were all 5 of the clawfinger bogner cabs.

roodboy said:
javajunkie said:
Just drag and drop from the cabinet files to the active cabinets
I reallly appreciate the reply.
I did that but then when I went to use a user cab one on the axefx that was in active cabinet slot one nothing happened.
Should the file have a certain extension in its name or be a certain type for the axefx to see it?
The files I was using were all 5 of the clawfinger bogner cabs.

Are they old cabs from pre-6.0?

I got one in but I have no ides what I did to load it. Could someone just walk me through this please. I am pulling out what little hair I have left trying to get this done.

I'm with ya bro - I can't seem to figure this out either. The only direction I can seem to get is the following 3 blurbs from the manual:

"Simply transfer the SYSEX file to the Axe-Fx using whatever software you use to transfer patches.

The Axe-fx Editor will load cabs automatically. Just go to File-Upload User Cabinet to Axe-fx and choose location.

AlbertA's Axe-fX IR converter Utility will also load User cabs. Just open the .syx file, choose a location, and send to axe-fx."

I have tried the first two, and neither worked - same as you - just silence when I choose one of the User Cab slots after dragging a file into the Active Cabs part of the editor.

BTW - there is no such thing as "File-Upload User Cabinet" in the past few versions of the editor, so I'm guessing this is an old link.

I am downloading the AlbertA converter to see if I can get them to load that way.

Good luck...

Resonant Alien said:
I'm with ya bro - I can't seem to figure this out either. The only direction I can seem to get is the following 3 blurbs from the manual:

"Simply transfer the SYSEX file to the Axe-Fx using whatever software you use to transfer patches.

The Axe-fx Editor will load cabs automatically. Just go to File-Upload User Cabinet to Axe-fx and choose location.

AlbertA's Axe-fX IR converter Utility will also load User cabs. Just open the .syx file, choose a location, and send to axe-fx."

I have tried the first two, and neither worked - same as you - just silence when I choose one of the User Cab slots after dragging a file into the Active Cabs part of the editor.

BTW - there is no such thing as "File-Upload User Cabinet" in the past few versions of the editor, so I'm guessing this is an old link.

I am downloading the AlbertA converter to see if I can get them to load that way.

Good luck...

I, too, cannot find a "Upload User Cabinet" from the File Menu in the Editor.

Claude

Upload User Cabinet was with the old editor.

Use the latest version of the editor, make sure it is working. Make sure you can change patches w/ the editor, edit, etc.

Go to the cab utils tab

Select the folder where your cabs are on your computer

Drag and drop them into the slots on the left.

Your axe-fx needs connected with the editor for it to work.

javajunkie said:

Use the latest version of the editor, make sure it is working. Make sure you can change patches w/ the editor, edit, etc.

Go to the cab utils tab

This is exactly what I have been doing :? I tried the AlbertA converter/loader tonight, and still no dice. It acts like it is loading (i.e. message on the Mac screen), but when I go to the editor and select "User Cab 1", for example, it goes silent - as if I had a block in the grid missing. When I switch back to one of the stock cabs, I get signal again. Still trying with some other cab IRs...

Everything else works fine - loading patches, loading banks, editing patches, loading firmware, etc.

Once I drag the cab into the Active slot (with the AF connected), is there anything else I have to do? Should I be able to just go to any patch at that point, select the cab block, open the drop-down menu and choose "User Cab 1" or whatever? Or is there some other step??

Thanks!

Resonant Alien said:
javajunkie said:

Go to the cab utils tab

This is exactly what I have been doing :? I tried the AlbertA converter/loader tonight, and still no dice. It acts like it is loading (i.e. message on the Mac screen), but when I go to the editor and select "User Cab 1", for example, it goes silent - as if I had a block in the grid missing. When I switch back to one of the stock cabs, I get signal again. Still trying with some other cab IRs...

Everything else works fine - loading patches, loading banks, editing patches, loading firmware, etc.

Once I drag the cab into the Active slot (with the AF connected), is there anything else I have to do? Should I be able to just go to any patch at that point, select the cab block, open the drop-down menu and choose "User Cab 1" or whatever? Or is there some other step??

Thanks!

No there is nothing else you should have to do. Make sure you dont see BAD Checksum (or something like that) on the axe-fx while you are doing it.

Anybody find a resolution to this yet?
I'm trying the same thing and it's like when I choose "Select Cabinet Folder" and point it to any directory where I have the Sysex file from an IR; it doesn't see any files.
I've tried it with a ton of IRs and this editor just doesn't work.
I know I did it this way with an older version of the editor.

jimosity said:
I'm trying the same thing and it's like when I choose "Select Cabinet Folder" and point it to any directory where I have the Sysex file from an IR; it doesn't see any files.

It working here. So your selecting the folder (you don't select individual files here, just folders) where you have your IRs and nothing populates in the cabinet files section?

javajunkie said:
jimosity said:

It working here. So your selecting the folder (you don't select individual files here, just folders) where you have your IRs and nothing populates in the cabinet files section?

I got it working again.
Seems that every time I unplug my M-Audio UNO and then plug it back it, it gets a Microsoft driver that doesn't work.
I then have to go to device manager and force the M-Audio driver, then everything works again.

hey man

I am not able to upload or drag or drop any of these syx files or any of the old ones I have. What perchance may be going on? when I click on a folder with lots of them in there, plus the ones listed earlier in this thread, nothing shows up???

I downloaded the latest editor I believe, and I am able to do other stuff with the editor

That seems familiar .I cant get user cabs to my unit either. I´ve tried the editor , IR converter and midi librarian
and it won´t work . I have firmware 7.0 and Mac OS X 10.4.11 and a fireface 400 . It says nothing in the manual
howe to do this .Somebody wrote that there was a funktion for this in the editor but not in mine though .

javajunkie said:

Go to the cab utils tab

The Wiki is down so I can't reference it for help !

But it appears I'm in the same "boat" as a few others. Using java's process above, the Editor won't see the sysex files for the cabinet IR's ?

Any help would be appreciated !

jimosity said:

Just click on the folder that contains the sysex files and then click open. It will open that folder and put all the sysex files in that particular folder in the "cabinet files" window of the editor. From there you can drag the files to the "user slots" in the Active cabinets window.

Back
Top Bottom