Help: Tap Tempo & preset

Hello everyone,
I wanted to know if you can send the tap tempo by repeatedly pressing the same switch of the preset. I tried but was not able to get it to work.

thanks

p.s.
Forgive my bad English.

no. When in preset mode it doest send a CC message. You can however set the Tap Tempo UNDER a preset switch and access it using the reveal - which is what I do cos I cant work with it NOT on the first row of buttons (need my heal on the floor to keep a constant tempo).

No, but that's a really cool idea. I think it would actually be better if the Axe-Fx did this as opposed the MFC.

My thinking is if Ignore Redundant PC is on then subsequent redundant PC messages would be interpreted as tap tempo.

Very cool. I like the idea of having the Axe handle the work too, that way it'll work with any controller.

Yes, this is actually really cool. If I remember correctly, an Uno modded FCB1010 can do this.
Yes, I was gonna say the FCB could do that.. but it was accomplished by using ignore redundant PC in addition to the FCB sending a secondary CC I believe. Cliff's Axe-Fx only method idea is cleaner.

No, but that's a really cool idea. I think it would actually be better if the Axe-Fx did this as opposed the MFC.

My thinking is if Ignore Redundant PC is on then subsequent redundant PC messages would be interpreted as tap tempo.

Speaking of Ignore Redundant PC, if enabled then if I have two MFC presets, both referencing the same PC#, but with different IA's enabled/disabled will it still send the IA states when switching between them? And, would this also trigger the tap tempo?

Also, how about using one of the "hidden" IA's for Tap Tempo via the preset switch?

The downside would be rendering the alternate/global/backtrack preset useless with any implementation of this feature :(

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.
I made some attempts: enabling the "hidden" AI's, the tap tempo is sent, but in the wrong way (fast taps are not recognized). I tried changing the values ​​of cc on-off but does not work.
does anyone know how to send a sysex for tap tempo?

As Paulmapp8306, for me the tap switch on the front row is very important.
With the new firmware, I set 4 presets bank, so I can assign the tap tempo button to n5.

With my old FCB1010 had it easy :-(

Yes, I was gonna say the FCB could do that.. but it was accomplished by using ignore redundant PC in addition to the FCB sending a secondary CC I believe. Cliff's Axe-Fx only method idea is cleaner.

This is the way i have do it in the past with my FCB1010 UnO. Saved me a switch. The idea from Cliff is much more clever: when changing presets to fast i also change the tap tempo... this could not happen anymore with Cliffs idea! Great!

>> No, but that's a really cool idea. I think it would actually be better if the Axe-Fx did this as opposed the MFC. My thinking is if Ignore Redundant PC is on then subsequent redundant PC messages would be interpreted as tap tempo.<<

For this to work, both Alternate Preset and Global Preset have to be disabled on the MFC.

Back
Top Bottom