HELP PLEASE-FRACTAL,SCOTT P.,YEK, SOMEBODY!!!

believer

I hope I'm posting in the right thread. Here it goes, I have the Ultra and have not edited anything yet due to still learning the unit. I also installed the Editor on my mac laptop. I'm using the M-audio 2x2 midisport. The instructions I used to try and sync both the Ultra and editor were the Read Me files from the (Brain-2-bits) read me page. All of my connections are correct but in the settings page on the editor the Back-up and Sync were grayed out and I assumed my audio/midi connections were connected because when I pushed a button on the Ultra, the midi light on the editor,the light on the 2x2, and the Ultra midi in lit up even when it was showing to make connections (audio/midi). Since I was not able to use the back-up and sync choice, I did what the read me file said to do which was to: Back-up your Axe-fx and to sync the editor use the Back-up and sync feature or follow these steps:
Launch the preset manager from main menu.
In the right column, select the Axe-Fx tab and select Load->Load all banks.
Then to sync the editor with your axe, select the presets tab in the left column, then make sure "Bank A" is selected in both tabs.
During this process I did notice that my Ultra said (Dump in Progress).
I really don't know what has happened but if I click on Bank A it has Bank B in it and they are all out of sequence. I tried to open my saved folder to replace the correct bank but it won't let me open it.
Can you please tell me how to get Bank A re-loaded into my Ultra. I cannot find it anywhere in the editor or in any folders. Both Bank B and C are still in my ultra But all of Bank A are totally gone.
By the way, my editor is now showing Back-up and sync in dark bold, meaning I can choose it know, but I hav'nt gone further until I can replace Bank A on the Ultra. Also can you tell me what the three different arrows between the pages are for? I hate to be a pain but I hav'nt been able to get help in the other thread. Thank you so much for your patience and help!

believer said:
I hope I'm posting in the right thread. Here it goes, I have the Ultra and have not edited anything yet due to still learning the unit. I also installed the Editor on my mac laptop. I'm using the M-audio 2x2 midisport. The instructions I used to try and sync both the Ultra and editor were the Read Me files from the (Brain-2-bits) read me page. All of my connections are correct but in the settings page on the editor the Back-up and Sync were grayed out and I assumed my audio/midi connections were connected because when I pushed a button on the Ultra, the midi light on the editor,the light on the 2x2, and the Ultra midi in lit up even when it was showing to make connections (audio/midi). Since I was not able to use the back-up and sync choice, I did what the read me file said to do which was to: Back-up your Axe-fx and to sync the editor use the Back-up and sync feature or follow these steps:
Launch the preset manager from main menu.
In the right column, select the Axe-Fx tab and select Load->Load all banks.
Then to sync the editor with your axe, select the presets tab in the left column, then make sure "Bank A" is selected in both tabs.
During this process I did notice that my Ultra said (Dump in Progress).
I really don't know what has happened but if I click on Bank A it has Bank B in it and they are all out of sequence. I tried to open my saved folder to replace the correct bank but it won't let me open it.
Can you please tell me how to get Bank A re-loaded into my Ultra. I cannot find it anywhere in the editor or in any folders. Both Bank B and C are still in my ultra But all of Bank A are totally gone.
By the way, my editor is now showing Back-up and sync in dark bold, meaning I can choose it know, but I hav'nt gone further until I can replace Bank A on the Ultra. Also can you tell me what the three different arrows between the pages are for? I hate to be a pain but I hav'nt been able to get help in the other thread. Thank you so much for your patience and help!

When you are not using the editor. Do all the patches appear correct on the Axe-fx?

Did you follow the instructions with editor (settings-help-quick start guide)

It sounds like you didn't do anything to your axe-fx but just have things messed up on the editor. If your axe-fx is still correct (don't look at the editor - look on the axe-fx), then you can just follow the quick start guide.

My (A) Bank is totally gone from the Ultra but I still have Bank's B and C. I did the instructions from the read me file as in my first reply. If I can reload Bank A somehow, I know I can get things up and running on the editor. I have gone through my entire computor and cannot find where the A bank file went even though I saved it! Any suggestion's?

When you press "Load all banks" in the preset manager Axe-FX tab, you should wait until all of them have been retrieved. On my windows machine it won't even let you do anything until it's finished.

Do a search for a sysex file about 256 kB in size. If you find it you can use Sysex Librarian to send it back into the Axe-FX.
Sysex librarian sounds like the safest program to do backups with too... I use SendSX for my Windows, that sounds similar.

You're the second one this evening to loose presets from the Axe-FX using the editor on a mac.

He is the same person if you are talking about the same issue we we discussing in the other forum.

Ah! Sorry 'bout that.

It sounded different.
Back to an isolated incident then.

That's a relief.

i tried the editor last night for the first time and i too encountered problems.

macbook os x 10.6.2
2.26 intelcore 2 dual
2 gig memory

new editor/axe v9

i actually tried to follow the directions but they are not very clear, but i got the editor talking to the axe and saw the interface and backed up my existing presets using the backup and sync functon,

but there needs to be a step by step instruction manual with a graphic image per step clearly describing what these steps want you to do, what they are actually doing, and what the step allows you to do next, because the readme file is just too vague

the instructions refer to items that i am totally unfamiliar with on the editor and am having a hard time locating or safely identifying. i understand the desire for backing up existing presets, but i don't clearly understand where they are stored to, the best way to categorize backed up prestes, how to recall the presets either in banks or as individual presets, how to load them in desired slots, how to audition presets safely, or how to basically manage presets due to the confusing tab layout and arrow scheme on the preset manager and the ambiguous save and recall pulldown menus

i really wanted to correct some clipping issues i've been having in some of my presets, but i couldn't see levels on the editor meter, and when i tried to enable audio, the error message came up indicating i couldn't switch my bitrate or something...

then i think i backed up my presets properly, because i saw the list of presets which i uniquely named on the preset list, as well as saw it written to the desktop with the bank a name and date, and actually did some editing, until the axe made a high pitched squeal and then everything froze.

i had to close the program and manually restart the axe and when i did, the patch i was working on was out of whack.

and when i looked for the backup copy of my bank A info on the computer it wasn't there, but when i opened axe editor this morning, not conected to the axe, i saw my list of presets in the editor.

more confused than ever.

believer said:
My (A) Bank is totally gone from the Ultra but I still have Bank's B and C. I did the instructions from the read me file as in my first reply. If I can reload Bank A somehow, I know I can get things up and running on the editor. I have gone through my entire computor and cannot find where the A bank file went even though I saved it! Any suggestion's?
I would recommend this: use a midi librarian tool (like SendSX, sorry I don't know the ones for Mac), and restore your bank A. The Editor is beta, and can bork your banks, so you have to use it with extreme caution (and be ready to deal with events like getting your bank A completely destroyed). If you don't want the risk and the beta state, don't use the Editor, but instead use a safe tool (midi librarian).

Back
Top Bottom