HELP!!!!!!!!! My hopes and dreams of owning an AXE have ended..........

Just find another bank and be up front about the situation with your old bank. Tell them you will not accept this behavior from someone you entrust with your money and that you will take your business elsewhere if they pull any shenanigans as well. Find the bank that agrees to your terms and you will have a happy experience!

^^ This.

It sounds as if you've already done it, but if you haven't yet, give your bank the ultimatum of increase your limit to $2100 for your purchase or you're finding another bank. I would look further into the Visa pre-paid card method though. From what I've read banks will allow you to load the card up to as high as $2500-2999. Good luck!

Here's what someone in your situation can do: go to Capital One and get a MasterCard SECURED credit card:

Capital*One Secured MasterCard

A secured credit card means you deposit cash on the card and so your credit limit will be the amount of your deposit. Bear in mind it has an annual fee of $29, so you can either keep it and continue to build your credit history or just cancel it after you get the Axe.

Any secured credit card like this (doesn't have to be Capital One) will work the same way.

Also, be careful if you go the gift card route: not all gift cards can be activated for online purchases.

I had this same issue when I bought mine 2 weeks ago. I got a prepaid visa from Walmart, had the limit, but it had no expiration, so if you go that route make sure you check that. The ordering system wouldn't let me continue without that expiration. I ended up giving my bank an ultimatum of raising the limit or I cancel my acct. They raised my limit and I've since been enjoying tonal bliss since Monday! Hang in there! Its definitely worth the wait!

you could have just made your next credit payment 2000 dollars larger and then you would have a 2000 credit on your card balance.

After 2 YEARS of saving for this thing I was OVERJOYED that one was in stock today!!!!!!!!! I put my credit card info in, clicked purchase and it said credit card declined. I called my bank and there is a $1,500 dollar maximum on my debit card!!!!! I tried to increase the purchase limit but it was declined. I HAVE THE MONEY BUT I CAN'T SPEND IT! :(

I emailed Fractal Audio Sales and their response was their store cannot split payments to meet my daily purchase limit.

What do I do!?!??!

Thanks for your help everyone.........
Brandon

Get the Standard.

Back
Top Bottom