HELP!!!!!!!!! My hopes and dreams of owning an AXE have ended..........

Muzick

Experienced
After 2 YEARS of saving for this thing I was OVERJOYED that one was in stock today!!!!!!!!! I put my credit card info in, clicked purchase and it said credit card declined. I called my bank and there is a $1,500 dollar maximum on my debit card!!!!! I tried to increase the purchase limit but it was declined. I HAVE THE MONEY BUT I CAN'T SPEND IT! :(

I emailed Fractal Audio Sales and their response was their store cannot split payments to meet my daily purchase limit.

What do I do!?!??!

Thanks for your help everyone.........
Brandon

Ask for a temporary increase of your card for the purchase with the bank, if your money is in the account there should be no reason to deny you..if they do, take your banking somewhere else!!

You can find some one with a credit card that you trust and have them purchase it. Give them cash.

After 2 YEARS of saving for this thing I was OVERJOYED that one was in stock today!!!!!!!!! I put my credit card info in, clicked purchase and it said credit card declined. I called my bank and there is a $1,500 dollar maximum on my debit card!!!!! I tried to increase the purchase limit but it was declined. I HAVE THE MONEY BUT I CAN'T SPEND IT! :(
I emailed Fractal Audio Sales and their response was their store cannot split payments to meet my daily purchase limit.

What do I do!?!??!

Thanks for your help everyone.........
Brandon

I really hope you can get this sorted. Another option may be to go to your bank and get a money order. Since you are an account holder with the bank, a money order will cost very little, if anything....

I can tell you this.. if I had $2,000 waiting for an Axe, I'd be twitching and having nervous ticks all over the place... I wouldn't even be able to speak in full sentenances....

Good luck!

Thanks for the responses guys!! Unfortunately everyone I trust does not have credit cards either. One option that ran through my mind is a purchase card from Visa? A card where you load money onto it and use it that way. Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

Also Fractal Audio's store is unable to accept money orders.

I asked for a temporary increase which they pointed out that I had one over draft fee about 6 months ago which is why they are not increasing the limit. FFS

Thanks

P.S - Of course they are sold out again. Wonderful....

Last edited:
Where do you live? Are you in the Northeastern part of the United States? If so, make a road trip to Southeastern New Hampshire and buy it in person at Fractal Audio.

Failing that, you need to get yourself a credit card, or keep trying to find someone who has one.

Not the best solution but.... you could make two payments of 1k each into a Paypal account and then buy one from eBay or off the Fractal Forum.

I think a pre-paid visa is probably your best bet. Don't forget to load on the extra $50 or whatever it is for shipping. I have a friend that uses one of these and he's never expressed any problems relating to it. Oh, and making a road trip to buy one in person is kinda pointless. By the time he got there they'd be sold out again. :)

Last edited:
I think a pre-paid visa is probably your best bet. Don't forget to load on the extra $50 or whatever it is for shipping. I have a friend that uses one of these and he's never expressed any problems relating to it. Oh, and making a road trip to buy one in person is kinda pointless. By the time he got there they'd be sold out again. :)

Looks like the visa prepaid only goes up to 500 bucks from what I can see.

It looks like I may have to take the paypal / ebay route..... I've never enjoyed that direction, but if this is the only option I'm left with then so be it.... though I must say that a multiple payment system would be nice.......

Or maybe Fractal can sign up with Paypal?????

Contact them, I'm sure they will gladly accept a Money Order or a Wire Transfer

:idea

I literally had the SAME problem, and asked if the payments could be split in two or other methods etc, and was told that the system was incapable. I would try checking out the American Express gift cards as they can go up pretty high and I don't think the fee is that bad for that amount. I eventually was fortunate to have a friend with an account.

Best of luck man!

Can you not make a manual payment of $600 or so to your visa account, to take you into credit? that way you can spend $2100 on the card.

I would suggest you become a more informed consumer. If a bank limits your access to your money, immediately withdraw it and find another bank! The days of banks calling all the shots are over if you want it to be. Always remember that without your money they don't have a business.

prepaid visa card:
holds max $2500
fills up max $500 at the time for $4.

So wait does that mean I can place 2500 bucks on that in $500 increments?

Oh by the way guys - I tried buying an Axe FX off ebay over the past day and was willing to pay $2,050 (not including shipping) and it sky rocketed to $2,222 at the end! And that's a used one by the way!

Good grief. What a pain in the a$$!!!!

Can you get a debit card?

That's what I'm using right now is a debit card. And because I had an overdraft fee over 6 months ago they will, not even temporarily, increase my spending limit past $1,500.

Contact them, I'm sure they will gladly accept a Money Order or a Wire Transfer

:idea

I contacted sales@fractalaudio.com and was told no. Is there an alternative route you're suggesting?

I would suggest you become a more informed consumer. If a bank limits your access to your money, immediately withdraw it and find another bank! The days of banks calling all the shots are over if you want it to be. Always remember that without your money they don't have a business.

No doubt about it. At this point I'm on the verge of leaving my bank. A stupid overdraft fee is a ridiculous reason why not to increase my spending limit. I spoke with a supervisor and got the same BS.

Last edited:
Just find another bank and be up front about the situation with your old bank. Tell them you will not accept this behavior from someone you entrust with your money and that you will take your business elsewhere if they pull any shenanigans as well. Find the bank that agrees to your terms and you will have a happy experience!

Back
Top Bottom