HELP !!! Mfc 101 not working 8 days before tour !!!

openmind

Inspired
Hi guys, so everything was just running perfect. I get to the bir Rehearsal day, with everything set up, stage, lights etc .... then ... I turn on my axe fx, with the mfc 101 ... and it says, axe fx name timeout !!!! wtf !!! I changed ethernet cables just in case, ... nothing .... I realized you can still change the presets, not scenes or effects, just presets. Volume and expression not working either. Come home, tried with another mfc brand new .... same message !! Tried midi and ethernet ... looks like a configuration thing but ... no idea .... any tips ? thx in advance !!!
ps: my axe is axe fx II and mfc is mk1 !!! ( the new one is mk3, but is not working either ) ....

Since you can change presets guessing updated firmware and on AxeFx you may need to set the following back:
-send realtime sysex all
-USB adapter mode off

Also make sure your AxeFx mode is set correctly on the MFC (STD, Ultra, II, XL)

Cheers

I've had this happen a few times...it's in the troubleshooting in the guide. Usually I just unplug the MFC at both the Axe and and on the unit itself. After I plug both ends back in it fixes it for me. I know you probably have, but make sure the cable is firmly and correctly plugged in. Besides that - I'm not sure what else....

I've had this before as well. Traced the problem down to a pin on the RJ45 ethernet cable that wasn't quite punched down properly. I would visually inspect all the pins on both the ethernet cable as well as the MFC/AXE. I've seen an un-crimped pin on an ethernet cable bend the receiving pins and potentially short them out (with network gear, not on my axe/mfc).

PRESS
SETUP
MIDI
UP - so that the display reads "EXPANSION" for MKII or EXPANSION or FASLINK for MKIII
Thats all she wrote. If that doesn't work, you have a bad cable.
-G

so, thx guys for all the help and evetrything. I just upgrade everything, axe fx II and mfc 101 to the last firmware, looks like the ethernet cable still doesnt work but now I can make it work with midi and ac adapter. I tried another mfc and same message appear so, is it possible to have the mfc port damaged on the axe fx II ???? How the hell this happens ? ... I always thought in the worst scenario somebody will step on my mfc cable and break it, but not on the axe fx, thats way more difficult to do cause the axe is always inside a rack ... anyway, looks like I ll be able to do those gigs ... with midi. Need to buy a good and long midi cable and european ac adapter too ... any shops ?

..... is it possible to have the mfc port damaged on the axe fx II ???? How the hell this happens ? ...

Well..... In your OP, when you said "I get to the bir Rehearsal day, with everything set up, stage, lights etc .... " Did you mean that YOU set it up, or your sound engineer set it up? If someone else did it, perhaps they put a USB cable in the MFC port or something like that?

Back
Top Bottom