help distinguishing UR from Non UR cabs in Axe Edit

moo cow

Inspired
maybe i'm missing something but there used to be a "UR" next to all the ultra rez cabs in axe edit. now i don't see any of them having any kind of clue as if they are UR or not. did something change in the last few firmwares that did away with this?
how do you guys tell what cab blocks are UR?
thanks

Some of those should definitely be italicized, there must be a bug or something with the firmware. For what it's worth, none of mine are italicized either.

Some of those should definitely be italicized, there must be a bug or something with the firmware. For what it's worth, none of mine are italicized either.

I do not believe factory UR cabs were ever marked as such in the AE interface -- something about not being able to detect their UR-ness when they're factory cabs comes to mind. It was ages ago when it was mentioned. That's why they used to say "UR" in their names.

But really, as I've said elsewhere, just use your ears. If you like what you hear (and feel): use it. Otherwise, keep turning the dial.

I do not believe factory UR cabs were ever marked as such in the AE interface -- something about not being able to detect their UR-ness when they're factory cabs comes to mind. It was ages ago when it was mentioned. That's why they used to say "UR" in their names.

But really, as I've said elsewhere, just use your ears. If you like what you hear (and feel): use it. Otherwise, keep turning the dial.

I am positive they used to be italicized.

I also remember that some of the factory cabs were marked on the end with a "UR". Now I could be dreaming this up too, but I don't think so... I really do remember some marked that way in the "FACTORY" area, and not the user area on my MKII. Is it possible that the XL+ is marked differently then? Or that all factory cabs are now Ultra Rez so it doesn't matter?

Last edited:
I also remember that some of the factory cabs were marked on the end with a "UR". Now I could be dreaming this up too, but I don't think so... I really do remember some marked that way in the "FACTORY" area, and not the user area on my MKII. Is it possible that the XL+ is marked differently then? Or that all factory cabs are now Ultra Rez so it doesn't matter?

This, you are not dreaming, is true. They are no longer marked with UR.

Back
Top Bottom