Help! At a gig right now!

I had an issue on the weekend too . I played about 4 hours total over the weekend and had it drop out on me twice. this is just at home

sound totally cut out for aboutn 5 seconds then came back. I'm on 15.07 and it happened once on one of my presets and once on a factory preset

My rack from top to bottom:
Furman Power Conditioner
Galaxy Audio AS 1100 (wireless in ears)
Vafam rack panel
Axe Fx II
Line 6 G90

Routing is guitar -> G90 -> vafam panel -> axe fx -> panel -> snake -> mixer -> snake -> panel -> galaxy in ears

I haven't been able to recreate the issue.

I took the panel out of the equation after I was having issues.

this also happened to me a couple of times after I updated to 15.07, the volume dropped/dipped on me twice one night last week.
but I haven't noticed it since

uh oh... you guys are scaring me here. I have yet to actually gig with my AFX, but now I'm worried after reading of all these dropouts and such that maybe there's a dependability issue that needs to be addressed? :(

uh oh... you guys are scaring me here. I have yet to actually gig with my AFX, but now I'm worried after reading of all these dropouts and such that maybe there's a dependability issue that needs to be addressed? :(

no. a handful of people describing a problem doesn't mean thousands of units have dependability issues.

it is most likely overheating in most of what is mentioned in this thread.

so make sure there is ventilation and the gear isn't in a very hot environment. basics, really, but it can happen.

I had the same problem once. Sound would cut out, but sometimes not. Reboot would usually fix it for a while.

It turned out to be a bad output cable. Swapped out the cable—problem went away.

This is in no way a widespread problem. I have been gigging with the Axe FX (first the ultra, now the II, and my wife is still using the original ultra) since 2009. This is only the second time I've had a problem out of literally hundreds of gigs. The first problem was power at the venue fried my motherboard.

Have you all tried the headphone out - simple way to find out a cable problem or axe problem.

Didn't think of this, would have been a good idea- filing it in my notes if this problem ever arises for me.

You didn't by chance try the headphone jack, id ya, Sid?

Didn't think of this, would have been a good idea- filing it in my notes if this problem ever arises for me.

You didn't by chance try the headphone jack, id ya, Sid?

I didn't think of it! I only had about 15 minutes to figure it out.

I've used either Ultra or II since 2009 (i think)

It has never f..... up things, so it's as stable as anything. My old setup had a Mesa power amp. That went out once, but i could still gig trough the monitors.

I hope you can pin down the problem Sid. Please shout out if you do, but it seems to be a heating issue... And i won't get that problem here in Norway :(

+1 on power. Until I got a Furman AR unit, I used to get dropouts and reboots on my mostly digital rig ( pre AXE).

I've used either Ultra or II since 2009 (i think)

It has never f..... up things, so it's as stable as anything. My old setup had a Mesa power amp. That went out once, but i could still gig trough the monitors.

I hope you can pin down the problem Sid. Please shout out if you do, but it seems to be a heating issue... And i won't get that problem here in Norway :(

Same here...I played on saturday a 5 hour session, actually almost every saturday, quiet often even longer and leave axe on all the time - no drop outs or anythinh else. I'm on FW 15.07 and use 2 Matrix Q12 a's...

I'm on 15.07 with my rack containing a Furman-Shure SLX Wireless-Axe II-Matrix into a 4x12 controlled by the MFC via ethercon. August and this past week were pretty busy with gigs inside and outside in the heat , 2000 miles in a car, etc and everything performed flawlessly.

I used the same sound guy, same placement of rack, same everything except XLR cable (what are the chances it's the same one?). Friday: 0 issues. Saturday: 5 songs in and it cut out. A reboot brought it back to life for a verse and out again. Looks like I'll need to send it in.

I plugged into my wife's ultra, she went DI and we limped through the gig tonight.

Did you bypass the g90, I have a ehx 44 magnum pedal and a boss heavy metal pedal for backup its very small and will get you through the gig.

Back
Top Bottom