Heavy Duty Ethernet for the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101

I understand what you're trying to do. Makes sense that you wouldn't want more cables since you already have a snake. What I'm saying is there is no "equivalent" to Cat5 except for Cat5. It might work...or it might not. A 6 lead snake cable where each lead is shielded and each shielded lead has two conductors *might* work if you wire 4 of the leads dual-conductors to a RJ45 connector. Cat5 uses specific wind frequencies in each of the twisted pairs in the cable (there are 4 total twisted pairs in a Cat5 cable).

Chances are, if it's an audio snake cable, the internal conductor gauge will be way too big for an RJ45 connector.

Van Damme Tourcats. Seriously. They're tour ready and we use them when doing sound for our live events with our Digico board. They're just as nice as guitar cables and I have no problems wrapping them either.

It's a good thing since the cable that I'm talking about is 150 feet and would be a pain to wrap otherwise.

You'll have to buy the cable from someone and then buy the plug for it which they can put on as well. They don't sell it like a cable at guitar center but you decide the length and the kind of cable connector. Just google "vandamme tourcat" and different suppliers will come up.

You can get it with the neutrik connector if you want.

5064d1306704600-heavy-duty-ethernet-axe-fx-ii-midi-foot-controller-101-uploadfromtaptalk1306704595835.jpg

Im having trouble finding anyone in the US that sells it. Got a good source?

Those Best-Tronic cables look pretty nice and not very expensive. I have boxes of cable from old jobs, ends and a crimper, I've been making my own cables for as long as I can remember.

I just received my Best-Tronics cable. What oddbOd said in the previous post. Excellent cable.

The upjacketed cables lie flat very well, more or less they feel like a thicker gauge speaker cable that weighs less.

One huge plus factor, you can get Ethernet cables just about anywhere should you need a replacement in a pinch - unlike 7 pin MIDI cables. You can find them at WalMart, Home Depot, etc etc.

Got it! (Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: BT-0963-XXX) 20ft
First I went to Best Buy, even after reading this thread...2 out of three failed(all different lengths) So my gig on the 4th was plagued with trouble. Couldn't see the patch name with one cable, and the other one was blinking a failure (forget now)
Anyways, I am hoping that wont happen again.
I was searching for a good heavy duty ethernet (RJ45) cable to use with the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101, so I decided to take a look at guitar-cable.com (Best-Tronics) and found they have an upjacketed, field-deployable ethernet cable:

Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: BT-0963-XXX

They also have a CAT6:

Best-Tronics Mfg., Inc.: BT-0966-XXX

Back
Top Bottom