Headrush Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing Kempers patent ran out, now everything has an amp cloner in it.... almost everything ;)
there is an interesting post on the gearforum regarding how those devices that capture tend to suffer more from aliasing than Fractal and Helix

I think the Autotune feature is interesting feature.

Running VST plugins will be huge... it was one of my wishes for the next generation Axe-Fx, additional dsp for just that.

Where does it say it does that? That would be cool, but it looks like that's not what it's doing...they just added some effects designed for vocals to its DSP...not the ability to load arbitrary VSTs.

Watched some demos. Some of the UI stuff is really impressive / easy.
Recalling block's presets when switching scenes is pretty cool.
I wish Fractal will go in that same direction for the next hardware iterations, if I understood how it works it's like having channels, blocks/channels library and global blocks merged into one function and all available on the hardware itself.

I just ordered one to check out. Should get it tomorrow.
I'm supposed to be hooking up with a drummer friend of mine but the only way we can rehearse right now is with E-drums and into some small studio monitors. I can't use my AF3 because I don't won't to haul a rack and he lives in an apartment which is quite small. I had recently got one of those Tonex Pedals thinking I could use that. Only downside to that is I will have to add it to a pedal board and I pretty much depleted that with my AF3 around. So, when I saw this and how easy it is to capture my amps (and Axe FX) I thought, this should do the trick. If it sucks I will just return it. I really don't care about it's modeling stuff. If it can do captures as good as the Tonex....then it's a keeper.

I just ordered one to check out. Should get it tomorrow.
I'm supposed to be hooking up with a drummer friend of mine but the only way we can rehearse right now is with E-drums and into some small studio monitors. I can't use my AF3 because I don't won't to haul a rack and he lives in an apartment which is quite small. I had recently got one of those Tonex Pedals thinking I could use that. Only downside to that is I will have to add it to a pedal board and I pretty much depleted that with my AF3 around. So, when I saw this and how easy it is to capture my amps (and Axe FX) I thought, this should do the trick. If it sucks I will just return it. I really don't care about it's modeling stuff. If it can do captures as good as the Tonex....then it's a keeper.
What's the advantage over the way smaller and cheaper Tonex pedal again, if your not using its modeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom