Headroom meter working properly?

RDeraz

Experienced
It could be a misunderstanding on my end, but the headroom meter doesn't seem to be accurate since going to firmware 19. For instance, the Hiwatt model runs out of headroom on a MV setting of 5, but the JTM 45 with Drv, b,m,t,p, and MV dimed shows -4db on the headroom meter on the editor and the unit. The 1987x with MV on 10(non master setting) and the drive on 3.7 hits 0db on the headroom meter. The 5F1 tweed with the drive on 10 registers at -4db. Seems that amps that used to have a lot of headroom prior to FW19, now do not. Also, amps that shouldn't have a lot of headroom do.

I'm seeing that here too. Something seems to be awry with the meter on some amps. Sounds great, but the headroom meter does not appear to be displaying correctly. Seems like it's mostly on the non-master volume amps.

FW 19.00 (Mark I version here)

Last edited:
I've also had some issues with the level metering - I think there's a glitch somewhere but I haven't yet found steps to reproduce.
Thanks
Pauly

I didnt want to say anything, figured i was using it wrong. TY Cliff! This is something I was excited about since getting my III recently. I use allot of clean patches

There's definitely an admirable humility in anyone bright enough to produce something of amazing technological and artistic value that is also able to check their own work before coming back with an answer. Coming back positively to those that noticed an issue, explaining exactly what it is, and when it's going to be fixed... it all just fills me with delight.

Really good example of things going right, and I have to say, probably helps that the OP and those that followed up approached the issue knowing they might have got something wrong too. I have never been in Cliff's shoes, but have definitely worn equivalents at times. It is SO much harder to keep a level head and good perspective when everyone around you seems to be bitching and whining about things you cannot undo. Just a clear explanation of the issue, with enough information to figure out what might be going wrong is really easy to act on. Occasionally someone will want to throw in something to provoke a sleepless night or two, and that's really not helpful.

Cliff, it's sometimes said that if you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room. Hope you can continue to give us the benefit of the doubt and stop around some more. ;)

Liam

Cliff, please buy Universal Audio. Or at least have them throw you shiploads of money to consult. They could really use a few pointers over there on customer satisfaction, product development and ethical business practices.

Cliff, please buy Universal Audio. Or at least have them throw you shiploads of money to consult. They could really use a few pointers over there on customer satisfaction, product development and ethical business practices.
In the last weeks I've been demoing a lot of studio hardware sims VSTs (channel strips, console emulations and compressors in particular) and I was thinking of how cool it would be if Fractal decided to dive in that field too, cuz I still haven't found a comparable company among plugins developers.

In the last weeks I've been demoing a lot of studio hardware sims VSTs (channel strips, console emulations and compressors in particular) and I was thinking of how cool it would be if Fractal decided to dive in that field too, cuz I still haven't found a comparable company among plugins developers.
Ive been around FAS long enough to see for myself how a business should be run. FAS really sets the standard. I bought ONE piece of hardware, was a great value. Works great, sounds great, happy customer. Product usability has expanded greatly and many features added I’d have happily paid for. All for free. Owner and employees are active on the forum. THEIR forum which they maintain. Pricing is kept in line with the rest of the industry.
UAD:
Emails me about coupons I dont have, then they wont honor the coupon.
Has NO IDEA who they are. Pro Audio? Guitar pedals? Entry level interfaces? Load box with ports that never worked and no update in over a year? Plugins that aren’t resizable or VST3?
Markets for windows, knows and admits to driver issues and hasn’t fixed them while they pump out 400 dollar guitar pedals and tell you they’re working on it.
Keeps bankers hours for support, and the user forum only exists on a users good graces.
They make great products but are about as bad as it gets to get in bed with.

Back
Top Bottom