Headphones output left and right reversed?

Swapped the wires and the headphone out is now working correctly. I noticed that the input jack uses the same type of connector and was also wired incorrectly. Not sure if that one really affected anything, but I swapped the wires on that one as well. Back in the rack she goes... :)

Last edited:
Maybe someone could post a picture of a correctly mounted fan? :)

I modded mine by putting the extra rubber grommets between the fan and the stock mounts. The stock mounts are rubber and have a plastic insert in them that put the fan above the black mounts by about 1/8 in. It puts the fan at the appropriate distance from lid. I just added the grommets (rubber hard drive mounts off of old pc parts). They were twice the length of the inserts so when I tightened it down they formed a layer of rubber insulation and the fan stayed at same height. It didn't reduce the actual fan noise much but got rid of the oscillating noise I was hearing.

phones8.jpg

As for the orientation, the label should be facing you. I didn't look but most fans have an arrow on the side casing showing airflow direction. But for my particular unit my fan had the label out and I tested it and the direction was correct! :)

Craig

I modded mine by putting the extra rubber grommets between the fan and the stock mounts. The stock mounts are rubber and have a plastic insert in them that put the fan above the black mounts by about 1/8 in. It puts the fan at the appropriate distance from lid. I just added the grommets (rubber hard drive mounts off of old pc parts). They were twice the length of the inserts so when I tightened it down they formed a layer of rubber insulation and the fan stayed at same height. It didn't reduce the actual fan noise much but got rid of the oscillating noise I was hearing.

As for the orientation, the label should be facing you. I didn't look but most fans have an arrow on the side casing showing airflow direction. But for my particular unit my fan had the label out and I tested it and the direction was correct! :)

Craig

Thanks!

The input jack cable is the same but it doesn't matter since the same signal is on both wires.

Okay, so even if this is the simplest thing to do ever (and yes, I am mechanically inclined), seeing that the cable is a standard PC-style connector cable which probably costs a dollar or two, I'd prefer to just have one mailed to me so I can just swap it when I get around to it. Again, how should I go about requesting one?

Okay, so even if this is the simplest thing to do ever (and yes, I am mechanically inclined), seeing that the cable is a standard PC-style connector cable which probably costs a dollar or two, I'd prefer to just have one mailed to me so I can just swap it when I get around to it. Again, how should I go about requesting one?

Send an email with your address to support.

I just got my Axe-Fx II today and I am only getting audio on the left side. Is this something I accidently done in software, or is this a wiring problem? (I have tried two sets of headphones, both work fine elsewhere)

Yeah I got Output 1 left and right on the back panel connected to my board right now to two channels panned left and right.
Then there is likely something wrong with the wiring or something hardware related. If your comfortable with it, you could make sure the headphone connection is seated correctly inside. At any rate, I would contact support.

Back
Top Bottom