Headphone Presets

I don’t know then….. when I click import preset, it lets me select the unzipped bundle file and then Axe Edit shows the cab locations and so forth….yes weird.

Same firmware here too, and yes I do the loud thing with my headphones and still sounds great on lower volumes too, I might mention that I usually use the SinMix 5 metal preset pack too and he has them sounding super tight with some balls and those work good on my FRFR setup as well.

Ok and do you listen at high volumes? I play louder than I probably should through monitors and headphones.

Couple questions:
  • Does the Axe drive the 300ohms sufficiently?
  • What is the difference between the 650 and 600s?
Anyone else have the same experience as @Jumpback? I trust your judgment but want to be sure before I spend another $350 on headphones.
Im running the 650's through my Apollo twin into a headphone amp and getting a little more out of them this way, but the AXE 3 pushes them easily too, Im just using the headphone amp mostly for splitting the signal to other singers etc..
the difference between the 650's and the 600s Is more bass response on the 600s but not positive, someone can correct me on that

Had 650's I now have the 660s - they are better cleaner sound and sound stage

That said couldnt resist got the HD800S - they are even better but dont think they are worth 4 times as much but will stay with the 800S - so my new 660's are off to ebay - they go for around 280$ these days

I use an Emotiva A-100 amp its very good to drive 300ohm headphones - had little dot with Russian tubes but decided Emotiva was all I needed

Last edited:

That said couldnt resist got the HD800S - they are even better but dont think they are worth 4 times as much but will stay with the 800S - so my new 660's are off to ebay - they go for around 280$ these days

I use an Emotiva A-100 amp its very good to drive 300ohm headphones - had little dot but decided Emotiva was all I needed
280? Wow thats a good price!! I did the focal Celestee and they are made for fractal metal lol

280? Wow thats a good price!! I did the focal Celestee and they are made for fractal metal lol

Free shipping also lol - still comparing hd660s to hd800s before I sell 660s or send back 800s to sweetwater - fractal sounds better with 800s and 660 sound better with backing tracks

Trying all kind of things to get hd800s to win me over for the price - how is the Focals clears were on my list to try - 800s mids and highs are great bass is not good

Tried a few different new pads helps but bass is still breaking up

Ah focal Celestee are closed back not an option for me - I would prefer open back
+1 on this. The moment I switched from closed back headphones to open back everything sounded incredible. Currently I have AKG K702 and Im loving it. Since you are already using open backs, I would suggest increasing room/air parameters in cab block. They make a quite difference.

Same firmware here too, and yes I do the loud thing with my headphones and still sounds great on lower volumes too, I might mention that I usually use the SinMix 5 metal preset pack too and he has them sounding super tight with some balls and those work good on my FRFR setup as well.
Good to know, thanks.

Is it the SinMix FiveSins or Metal pack? I'm assuming FiveSins but wanted to double check.

I use an Emotiva A-100 amp its very good to drive 300ohm headphones - had little dot with Russian tubes but decided Emotiva was all I needed
I'm only seeing the 660s on Amazon, not on Sweetwater. Hesitant to buy on Amazon because it says returns are for unopened products only.

To take a step back -- are the Sennheiser's the way to go for metal? I see @Jumpback said Focals are good for metal but price / closed back are a no-go for me.

I'm only seeing the 660s on Amazon, not on Sweetwater. Hesitant to buy on Amazon because it says returns are for unopened products only.

To take a step back -- are the Sennheiser's the way to go for metal? I see @Jumpback said Focals are good for metal but price / closed back are a no-go for me.

Are you looking for 660S - Im about to ebay mine like new used few times - they are great and better than 650's - where are you located maybe make a deal - 800's are marginally better - not worth 1,400$ thats for sure but - also realized I dont need an amp Fractal unit works great - tried it last night boy I was surprised

Are you looking for 660S - Im about to ebay mine like new used few times - they are great and better than 650's - where are you located maybe make a deal - 800's are marginally better - not worth 1,400$ thats for sure but - also realized I dont need an amp Fractal unit works great - tried it last night boy I was surprised
That's good to know. I'm located in NJ. Are you saying the 660s don't need an amp through the Axe? I'm willing to buy an amp if it's worth the $. Obviously sky is the limit when it comes to those too. $ adds up fast with electronics ha

That's good to know. I'm located in NJ. Are you saying the 660s don't need an amp through the Axe? I'm willing to buy an amp if it's worth the $. Obviously sky is the limit when it comes to those too. $ adds up fast with electronics ha

No need for amp I have a nice one and now Im selling it :)

Im South of Boston not far from you - send me an pm - we can talk - they are excellent headphones

Just sold headphones on ebay - sold in 20 mins that was fast

Back
Top Bottom