Hard Rock with Jcm800 Arredondo Mod

Loving the tone! Wondering why theres a 58 on one cab and no mic on the other...does the one mic apply to both if theyre set up on top of each other or something...? Or did u just play around with it and prefer one cab without a mic?

Loving the tone! Wondering why theres a 58 on one cab and no mic on the other...does the one mic apply to both if theyre set up on top of each other or something...? Or did u just play around with it and prefer one cab without a mic?

Nah, the mic is just for that cab. The sound was quite thin, so i added another one to get some of the low end and mid freqs back. :)

I always reserve my excitement when I dl a patch from a clip like that because the player is clearly very good and we all know that killer tone doesn't come from just a good amp or guitar etc. Now...how will it sound with my hands? :)

Holy smokes! That is one of the most amazing tones I've heard out of the AX. And versatile. Definitely going to have to study this one. Thanks a million for sharing!

guittarzzan -- Don't worry, that patch even made my fingers sound good and that's hard to do!:D

Great sounding patch, but it sounds a little more muddy with the guitar I was trying it with.
Which guitar and pickup did you use for the demo?
Any EQ in post production?

@guitarzpt: I haven't looked at the patch personally (lacking an AFII), but I'm fairly certain he double tracked the main riff. That could be part of it, if you're missing a certain "fullness" from the sound that you perceived in the clip.

Great Patch!

Great patch gambapaketera! Thanks for posting the patch.

I changed the Cabs and it sounds smoother with my guitar. Its now my solo preset. :) Ooooo the neck pickup! Beautiful!!!

Edit: Oh, the recording somehow sounds very different from what I hear from the phones out (its brighter on the record)

Attachments

• Jcm 800 Mod Rock Solo2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Great sound, tone is amazing, playing fantastic! What are you using for speakers and power? Wow!
Hi mate, im using just the USB driver to record directly to cubase :)

Curious.. What guitar an pups?
Loved it. cheers dude.

Im using a Parker Fly Mojo with Seymour Duncan JB pickup, the solo was recorded with a strato loaded with Lollar single coil pickups

Great sounding patch, but it sounds a little more muddy with the guitar I was trying it with.
Which guitar and pickup did you use for the demo?
Any EQ in post production?

I used no EQ in cubase at all, if your guitar is darker than mine, try lowering the second cab's level. The first cab with the 58 mic is a lot brighter.

I changed the Cabs and it sounds smoother with my guitar. Its now my solo preset. :) Ooooo the neck pickup! Beautiful!!!
Edit: Oh, the recording somehow sounds very different from what I hear from the phones out (its brighter on the record)
So you made this demo with the cabs you changed or the original patch?
I never used the phones output, my phones are decent but not that good :(

I double tracked some riffs to test this patch too. Its probably the differente guitars and pickups mine has D-Sonic that are a bit more mid-bass heavy I think.

Tried the preset last night, sounds great! I found the raising the lowcut on the cab with the 58 on cleared up some of the extra bass created by my Les Paul.. Awesome :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom