Hand therapy video

Great info. Thanks so much for posting. My main problem is left hand pain and numbness due to a pinched nerve in my neck, but I also know that I'm becoming progressively less flexible. These exercises will really help.

@Jim, Have you tried cervical traction units? Thy make home ones too. If it is coming from you neck traction 99% of the time will relieve the radiculopathy at least for several hours..

Hey thanks for posting this! I've had chronic "tennis elbow" or so they say for over a year. Tried physical therapy, cortisone shot, and various creams and gels. I'm currently in acupuncture. Tried some of your stretches - they seems more intense (in a good way than what I've been doing). Hopefullly they help!

Hey, those feel pretty good! I'm on the computer a lot, and while I'm not really near the point of carpal tunnel, my wrists and forearms do get a bit achey sometimes. I'll try doing those stretches regularly to see if it helps.

Thanks for sharing this video. This is very helpful to me. I gig every week and I'm a climbing addict (noticed your member id a while back). I had to limit both the amount of climbing and practicing I do and to try to guard against overuse injuries. I have also been dealing with left forearm and right hand injuries lately. I'm grateful for your information and explanation. I'm going to start incorporating these stretches right away!

Thanks!
Sam

Thank you for sharing this! I really appreciate it, I suffer from fibromyalgia and daily migraine attacks
so I've got a lot of pain basically in the whole upper body.

My focus when try to play guitar is too try to relax, because if I tense up I cannot play for several days
after that, it really sucks. What kind of bracelet were you referring to ?

Also would you mind sharing more info about how long to do each stretch and so on.
I've never encountered a therapist that is also a guitarplayer :) not to my knowledge
anyway. Very much appreciated thank you.

you all have a good one
//Kenneth

Thanks, I'm going to start including that into my regimin before I play. I have done something like this before that I got years ago from the Petruci video. But this seems better. Thanks a lot.

Thanks ever so much for posting this. I really struggle with these kind of symptoms and these stretches will do me the world of good. It's much appreciated.

Right on fellas. Couple of key things -Not all PT clinics are the same just like someone with MD behind their name who is old school will not have the same treatment approach as another MD who is up to date on evidence based research.
-Ultrasound has zero clinical efficacy
-The Ice is a non negotiable, whether to back or neck or the contrast bath in the video.
- A cheap solution to buying an ice pack is take a freezer bag add 2 cups rubbing alcohol and 6 cups h20. Get the air out and place it reversed into another then freeze. I ice my low back ever pm and am- going water skiing this am and i will ice when I get home. This with hip flexor, hamstring calf and piriformis stretching along with a little core strengthening for you who need it will keep you back ready to rock!
- Browse through my YT vids to find one called 'mobile stability' for examples of core strengthening and the aforementioned stretches.
-Frequency on stretching 5-10 x daily 10-to30" at a time. As I said in the video listen to what your stretch receptors are tell you. 'Tissue tolerance' is a coin phrase we use meaning you are de sensitizing your muscle to learn to stretch and tolerate it more with frequency.
ps you guys owe me a beer!
-Don

Awesome info man!!!

I told ya in a message but I'll say it again. That contrast bath has helped my wife in three sessions. Her pain is gone and she's frisking out about it. It really works!
I'm going to add these exercises to my schedule starting today.
Since the awesome workers comp has now turned me off of needed therapy

Your a life saver dude! A beer? No more like a night out on the town!!!

Hey thanks for posting this! I've had chronic "tennis elbow" or so they say for over a year. Tried physical therapy, cortisone shot, and various creams and gels. I'm currently in acupuncture. Tried some of your stretches - they seems more intense (in a good way than what I've been doing). Hopefullly they help!
Just had surgery for this. Over 2 years, more cortisone shots than I should have had and it was not getting better at all. I won't lie I've been miserable for the first few weeks afterwards, but it's starting to feel like it's making progress now. It's called Topaz laser treatment or something like that.

Sasha cortisone is ok in small amounts but I hope your being told the effects of weakening adjacent structures via prolonged use and exposure. ICE gentle stretching and more ICE. Many folks seem to believe if there is no visible inflammation or it's past a certain time frame icing is not warranted -Not true. There is no accommodation or getting used to it,..it has the same BAM physiology Every time!
Kenny when I figure out where planet Urfin is I will take you up on that beer!!

Great, one of the more useful posts around here, much appreciated.
So here ya go, Cheers!
beer.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much for these pearls of wisdom.. Im getting tingles in my left hand ring n pinky.. More so at night so will definitely use these.
Also thought I better get fit so joint a gym and have annoyed my elbow tendons so I'm looking forward to helping that too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@shasha - I haven't heard of that laser treatment....I'm going to extensively try acupuncture for now. One doctor says the next step would be some sort of blood treatment, where they take your blood and do something with plasma and reinject it into the arm. However my insurance doesn't cover it and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that or surgery yet.

Back
Top Bottom