Guitars: how many and brands?

Fender: 2019, 2016, 2009 American Pro & Standards, 1999 American Standard Hardtail & 2006 Jazz Bass

G&L (Fenders last stand): 2016 Asat Classic alnico (in good ol' butterscotch blonde - what else?), a 2012 Asat Classic MFD tribute (lol my #1 player) & a 2021 Fallout Bass

Gibson: 2012 Les Paul Standard & 2004 Les Paul Standard DC

PRS 2019 McCarty 594 & 2017 Gretsch Broadkaster

So 10 +2 over 5 companies

'19 Gibson Les Paul Standard 50s
'21 PRS S2 594
'06 Epiphone SG (my first guitar)
'02ish Epiphone SG (my friend's first guitar)
'20 Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50s
'21 Fender something-or-other Acoustic

I used to also have an '07 G&L Legacy. It's the only guitar I've sold. Apparently, my tastes lie elsewhere.

The Epi LP is probably going to get sold at some point. My friend's SG is probably going to wind up mine permanently just because I'm pretty sure he doesn't care anymore. But, I don't really want it either. The only reason I haven't sold my SG is that I feel like I might regret selling my first guitar....I'll probably give it away to someone who wants to start playing instead.

I'm not really on the lookout for anything at the moment....maybe a McCarty Soapbar. But probably not.

Current:

'85 Fender Stratocaster
'21 PRS S2 594

I traded the 2 Epiphones for the Strat.

Current:

'85 Fender Stratocaster
'21 PRS S2 594

I traded the 2 Epiphones for the Strat.
85 is weird year for a strat, no US factory or production. Which one have you got?

85 is weird year for a strat, no US factory or production. Which one have you got?

It's an MIJ, I believe from after the US factory closed following the sale. More precise than that, I don't know - bought it used largely because it's a birth year guitar and felt/sounded good.

Guitars:

PRS Tremonti
Fender Strat Standard
Fender Tele Standard
Fender Jazzmaster Ultra
Ibanez Jem
Ibanez RG550 (1992 Japanese)
Ibanez Destroyer
D'Angelico SS Excel
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Gibson LP Standard
Gibson SG
Gibson LP Studio
Epiphone ES335 Dot
James Tyler Variax
Schechter Research Diamond 007 Elite
Godin xtSA
Hamer Sunburst A/T P90 Goldtop
Parker Dragonfly Series DF724BB
Jackson Surfcaster Custom (only 2 made for a NAMM show a long time ago - cherry quilt top, mahogany neck, Seymour Dunkin Bridge HB (single stack) w/ coil tap, P90 Bridge, trem and locking tuners)

Spectre 5 String Bass
Variax Bass

Manuel Rodriguez FF cut Classical
Yamaha Classical
Taylor 410ce
Takamine EAN10c
Ovation Balladeer
And a brand new baby: Gretsch Falcon Players Edition View attachment 79277
Added:

Taylor 652ce Builder Edition 12 string
1982 Gibson ES335
Fender 62 telecaster custom reissue MIJ
Fender Strat plus deluxe
2023 Epiphone Firebird
Ernie Ball Music Man BFR StingRay Special 4 HH Bass Guitar - Slugger
Washburn Mandolin

Im at 16 now, quite a few went over the past year/ year and a half, a couple for new guitars. But most to keep some $ in my pocket when I was taking care of my brother
What's left
3 PRS
3 Charvel's
1 Jackson
2 Warmoth's
3 Taylors
2 EVH
1 LTD
1 Jazz Bass

Current guitars:

PRS S2 Custom 24
PRS McCarty 58 Wood Library
Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's neck profile
Jackson Misha Mansoor So-Cal 2PT

Last edited:
Collings City Limits
Vigier Expert Retro 54 Hardtail
Eric Johnson strat w bound rosewood fretboard
1973 Martin D-35 - Elizabeth, only one w a name
ESP B-304 bass

60s 335 we don't talk about

All bought used.

parts guitar - Mighty Mite body I think is a BC Rich Eagle copy, Kubicki neck, 3 DiMarzio 59s, very interesting wiring that's currently f'ed, and really hard to fix.

Last edited:
Uh... An Ibanez JS-1000 and a JS-2450... That's it.

I'm just getting back into playing after a 16 year retirement, so I'm very far behind. I'm also at the stage where even with unlimited money, there aren't a whole lot of guitars I could see getting aside from a ChromeBoy because it's been a lifelong dream and the Ibanez Black Pia, which is absolutely stunning. Pretty much anything else would sit in a case, with the ChromeBoy in a temperature controlled glass fortress guarded by the cast of the first Expendables.

Reactions: rog
Wow - when did we get a Guitars sub-forum?

I have Ibanez - a lot! Almost entirely 1987/88 S-series, but a couple R-series, a 540 Power, a Proline PL1770 and an RS440 both from 1986.

I also have an Iceman Paul Stanley model from a few years back that the family bought me for my birthday, and an SC-420.

I've also still got my first Ibanez which is a really rare model (I think it is an RG-565, it was identified and posted on ibanezregister.com but they are gone now. Also 1987.

I have a PRS CE24, a Suhr Modern Exclusive, a Charvel DK-24 HSS and partscaster Tele with a Warmoth baritone conversion neck.

A handful of acoustics, too.

Edit:

The rare guitar is actually an RG665:

https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/RG665

Mine is white with white pickguard... Not a fan of the black on black, but that's just me.
Almost 4 years later I have added:

Tom Anderson Lil Angel
Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top
Kiesel Delos

And sold:

1987 Ibanez S540 Pro Carribean Blue
1988 Ibanez S540 Pro Carribean Blue
1987 Ibanez S540 Pro Black Cherry
1987 Ibanez 540 Power Red

I still have plenty of Ibanezes left...

only 3 here :

• main axe is a warmoth tele kit built in 2006 (the one in my picture).
  • Strat Fender Deluxe 50th Anniversary 2004
  • Larrivée LV05

the fact that I am a lefty maybe taught me to just shut up and play lol.

I really want to have a les Paul but man... the prices are really too high, I mean really ... and the quality is far from the price tag.

For the longest time I only had 1 guitar, Carvin CT624 Flame top in Dragon Burst as my main Axe!.

I have aquired 4 guitars in the last 2 years!

Carvin CT6 hard tail flame top in antique brown!
Gretsch Gold Sparkle jet
Les Paul Classic Gold Top
Les Paul Classic Ebony P-90

I'm looking to add a Tele, a 5 string Bass and a good Acoustic!

Uh... An Ibanez JS-1000 and a JS-2450... That's it.

I'm just getting back into playing after a 16 year retirement, so I'm very far behind. I'm also at the stage where even with unlimited money, there aren't a whole lot of guitars I could see getting aside from a ChromeBoy because it's been a lifelong dream and the Ibanez Black Pia, which is absolutely stunning. Pretty much anything else would sit in a case, with the ChromeBoy in a temperature controlled glass fortress guarded by the cast of the first Expendables.
well...... isn't that reason enough to shell out the sheckles for the ChromeBoy?

As far as I can work out Mike Stern has a Yamaha Pacifica Sig model....... that's it...... I think he has a nylon string acoustic as well, so that's TWO guitars! If I could make a pact with god, or the devil, or whomever to be a tenth of the player that Mike is I'd give up every guitar I have but for one....... probably a DGT Goldtop, or maybe the Ibanez AZ242 if I had to get to one guitar.

Back
Top Bottom