Guitar you're playing?

Wow - now that's a serious Hamer collection. Impressive.

It's a lot smaller than it was. Once upon a time I had five Virtousos, Neil Zazas Spiderman Cali, Michael Fath's doubleneck and about 50 more Hamers. Then I decided to concentrate on Steve Stevens.

Fender Telecaster "American Deluxe Ash, Maple Fingerboard, Butterscotch Blonde"
Had one of those, almost bought another from a friend a few weeks ago. One of those guitars I hated selling, but you know how it goes sometimes.

Right now I've got a lot of guitars that I don't play enough. I own more crap than my talent levels probably really justify, but it's been one of those lifelong collection processes. I've got some fenders, some gibsons, an ebmm, a really good playing if not slightly ugly N4, a Brian May Red Special and a couple of black pointy guitars with EMGs.....but to be honest the guitar that gets played almost all of the time is an Agile AL 3500 LP clone that I picked up about a year ago for peanuts. It weighs about 50 tons and its got seymour duncan pickups in it which I usually don't like, but it's one of my favorites because it's just a great combination of crap that works together very well. I'll play the others, but for my go to tones it's the right tool for the job.

IMG_2320.jpg

Oh, here's a horrible picture of a cool guitar. I picked it up used for peanuts (are you seeing a trend here?) It's a great playing guitar, but I already had a ton of humbucker guitars which this was. I swapped out all the gold hardware for chrome and put in a set of TV jones pickups. The goal was to be a bit on the La Cabronita side of things without being obvious or without dropping $2K.

01060004.jpg

Excuse the 11R in the picture. :) It was there to hold me over during my waiting list time for the II. Funny how I started buying guitars and crap about the same time I didn't have a Fractal Audio device at home.

Last edited:
digging my fly mojo at the moment. got it 6 years ago and hardly played it until recently, couldn't get used to how light it was before. a bit of perseverance with the odd shape and light weight paid off - the fretboard is outstanding, and the tuning stability is incredible.
was about to ebay it last month, glad i didn't now.

I have a Stevenson Custom. Ted Stevenson out of Montreal Canada makes awesome instruments. I would say they are at or above the kind of build quality you expect from a Surh, Sadowsky or Tyler. It's a modern strat shape, slightly undersized.

+1 on this.

My Stevenson Pop Classic is by far THE best guitar I've ever played. I've tried many high-end boutique guitars often far above the cost of my Stevenson and I keep coming back to it for the tone, playability and comfort.

Ted is currently building me a 24 Frets PWE Future 6 which will fullfill all my needs for a 24 guitar.

Ted definitely deserves a lot more recognition for his work although he seems to be getting a lot of popularity for his Event Horizon amplifiers lately.

Yep... I was one of them =) got 10/10 on that run. It's a hell of a player =)

I must say that Matt is a hell of a nice guy to do business with, he really takes care of the Jackson folks. If you are thinking of getting in on one of those runs, I would highly advise jumping on it. They are a little pricey but, the group orders give a hell of a break.

-Nate

As one other player said, I have devolved to the point where I have less talent than sense :?, but my favorite is a PRS McCarty. Is is just enough of a cross between a Les Paul and a Strat (coil taps) that it works for me. Neck feels great as well. It is one of my 'ugly sisters', the other being a plain McCarty P-90 gold top. No birds, no artist, no nuthin'. I still have a few PRS's, and a couple of Artist models, but these are the core of my collection (25 down to about 18 ). I think of them as players, and not collectors.

Pete

I've been playing my Lentz T and Suhr Classic a lot recently. And my old Taylor 512 gets lots of play.

I keep a Fluke uke at work in case of emergency.

I have a McCarty Rosewood that I've been playing everytime I play for almost 2 years now. I have another PRS on the way...I'll post pics this weekend when it gets here.

I don't have pictures of all my guitars, but I do have a few old shots of my main beast. 2001 ESP Custom Shop w/EMG's in these pictures. Those have since been replaced by Alumitone Standard Humbuckers.
headh.jpg

bodyxr.jpg

LP Std, Warmoth Strat, Godin Flat Five X and a Doozy Starplayer TV

Attachments

• guitarfamily.jpg
    guitarfamily.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Starplayer.jpg
    Starplayer.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom