Votes: 11 24.4%
  • 4. AxeFx, Egnater, OD100se+

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • 5. Egnater, AxeFx, OD100se+

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 6. Egnater, OD100se+, AxeFx

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
My favorite tone was the second solo with Egnater, the Ax and Suhr were on a par for different reasons..but they all sound great!

DAMN that I can't watch YouTube vids at work ! I didn't get home in time to vote ....

But I'd have probably embarassed myself anyway .... I thought the 2nd was the OD100 SEPlus, because the note bloomed into feedback better than the other two did, in fact I thought the 3rd option might be the Axe because the sustain died out the quickest. So much for that line of reasoning.

BTW - I did perfer the "solo" tone of option # 1 the best. It sounded the most up front in the mix. But I do agree with one of the posters on another forum, the rhythm sounded kinda "Boston-like" ....

Preset here and on AxeChange.
Global EQ1 as always:

63hz= -12
125hz= 0.4
250hz= -2.7
500hz= -3.7
All others FLAT

Attachments

• Mark Luke Solo.syx
    2 KB · Views: 57
DAMN that I can't watch YouTube vids at work ! I didn't get home in time to vote ....

But I'd have probably embarassed myself anyway .... I thought the 2nd was the OD100 SEPlus, because the note bloomed into feedback better than the other two did, in fact I thought the 3rd option might be the Axe because the sustain died out the quickest. So much for that line of reasoning.

BTW - I did perfer the "solo" tone of option # 1 the best. It sounded the most up front in the mix. But I do agree with one of the posters on another forum, the rhythm sounded kinda "Boston-like" ....

I dropped the gain to 5 on the OD100 and forgot to ease off on the Decimator threshold...whoops :)
I could've had the AxeFx easily go into feedback but I had the volume down while I was recording.

Mark

Cool! I was the first one to post an answer, and got it correct! Both here and on YT! Mark, what do I win? I am coming to Ottawa tomorrow. :D

You get to hang out with me for a bit...lol, I know not much of a prize..but hey I'm a starving musician :)

Mark

Can you guys guess which rig I used during the lesson part of the video??

Mark

Oh, and Mark... you could show me the "countdown" item everyone is going ape over these last few days. ;)

JUST KIDDING FOLKS. Simmah dahn nah! :lol

Yeah i was right! :) for the lesson i'm gonna go with Axefx seem as you posted that question on here ;) (although you also might of posted it on other forums too) and it also sound like the Axefx (from memory here)

Actually, Thomas, you may have guessed it right, but I think I was the first to actually include the correct guesses in my post. So I think I get to hang out with Mark now and steal his Axe secrets! ;)

I dropped the gain to 5 on the OD100 and forgot to ease off on the Decimator threshold...whoops :)
I could've had the AxeFx easily go into feedback but I had the volume down while I was recording.

O.K., well that explains it then .... Hey wait ! You're not buying into the "it sounds good, but you use too much gain" theory are you ?

Damn well better not be .... I'll drive up there and turn up the knobs myself !

Consider yourself warned ! ( ;-D )

I have no idea since I dont own 2/3, but I liked the first the best. ps where are the blackouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts (long canadian ooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu)? honestly the last 2 sounded similar

dooooooooooooooooooo, now I see the answer well glad I liked the 1/3 I have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ps blackouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuts sounds better than Aldrich at least when you say it!

Last edited:
Well, for us who havent heard the complaint of gain amount, how come you dont turn it down a bit? :)

Calleballe ...,

I guess it's a bit of an inside joke, check out Mark's other YouTube vids and you'll begin to see a very common theme.

"Hey Mark, I love your tone, but you use too much gain" ..., or something like that ....

So ..., there's those of us who LOVE it ..., those of us who are "not so much" ..., and those of us who just like to give him a little $#!T over it ! ( ;-D ) ....

For his part, Mark is a trememdously good sport ! He takes it all in the spirit it's intended ....

But that said, I admire him for it, because it takes a real player to keep it under control. I know when I slather it on like that it all becomes an un-intelligible mess ....

I thought the 2nd was the OD100 SEPlus, because the note bloomed into feedback better than the other two did, in fact I thought the 3rd option might be the Axe because the sustain died out the quickest. So much for that line of reasoning.

I was thinking the same thing. I listened carefully to the sustained notes at 1:14, 2:35, and 3:55. I thought the first one died out just like my AxeFX where I have to coax out sustain by using the friction of the string on a fret from vibrato. The second one bloomed into harmonic feedback perfectly so I thought that was def an amp. The third one died like a noise gate was too high-- two which Mark mentioned later.

Back
Top Bottom