• 5. Egnater, AxeFx, OD100se+

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 6. Egnater, OD100se+, AxeFx

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Here I played the same solo with 3 different rigs. I didn't try to make the mixes sound the same or clone the amps, just 3 different performances of the same solo into my 3 different rigs.
Guess, tell me what you think and why. We already know the "too much gain" stuff "

The tube heads used the same cab and mics. CAA 3x12" v30's, E609, SM57

Rigs not in order:
Suhr OD100se+
AxeFx Ultra
Egnater Seminar Head

I also re-listened to the solo and made corrections, there is a breakdown of the gear and a solo lesson at the end with the fixes.

Mark

To me, the first solo sounds the "fullest", therefore it MUST be the Axe-Fx. :D

Honestly, I just chose the the other two at random. Sorry. :D

Oh, and... way too much gain, Mark. :twisted

I voted AxeFx, OD100se+, Egnater.

I loved the first sound, whatever it was- really rich and great mids.
2nd one was nice- a bit scooped.
Found the 3rd one a bit grating to listen to- sounded like it was using auto double track almost.

What Axe FX model did you use?

Countdown....

lol Just kidding. I'll let you guys know soon. Some of the other forums are responding too and I want to see some more guesses and comments :)

Mark

Oh no, you too Mark??? Thanks Cliff for starting the "countdown thread" syndrome.

The first one sounded least amp-like to me. It seemed to have more fullness and fwoomp in the bottom end which I've heard with my Axe rig.

Here are my Suhr specs as per pm request:
take note that I have since swapped the pickups out for a Suhr Aldrich set. I have kept the SPC control in the guitar.

markssuhrspecs.jpg

Mark:

How do these EMGs compare to the Aldrich's? I'm spec'ing one out and looked at the Aldrich's as my main pups.

Marcos

Mark:

How do these EMGs compare to the Aldrich's? I'm spec'ing one out and looked at the Aldrich's as my main pups.

Marcos

I am using the Aldrich's, I have an EMG SPC tone control in the guitar, NOT EMG pickups :)

I am liking the Aldrich's more than the active Blackouts I was using. I have also put Aldrich's in my Les Paul :) I did have SD Blackouts in that too.

Mark

do you still have your red PRS from your older videos with the Blackouts in it ?

I play a Singlecut and love it but your Suhr has given me GAS for about 2 years now!!! :D

do you still have your red PRS from your older videos with the Blackouts in it ?

I play a Singlecut and love it but your Suhr has given me GAS for about 2 years now!!! :D

Yes I still have it :)

Mark

Back
Top Bottom