Wish Granular delay

Granular delay is the only thing I really miss from NI Guitar Rig. Would be awesome to have a granular delay on the AX8, similar to Guitar Rig or the Red Panda Particle pedal.

btw - if you have some settings on the delays you mentioned that you particularly like, post some audio here and i'll see if i can replicate them on the axe. it's helpful if you can play one staccato note through the delay so i can hear what's going on

btw - if you have some settings on the delays you mentioned that you particularly like, post some audio here and i'll see if i can replicate them on the axe. it's helpful if you can play one staccato note through the delay so i can hear what's going on

Sounds like you have become a FIR analyzer ;)

Hey thanks! I'll see if I can get my old Guitar Rig system set up so I can get to some specific things I was doing. Meantime, there's a great video of the Particle here:

this is actually something i've asked for - a granular buffer delay - for ages. but dice, so far

using the plex delays in conjunction with lfo controlled filters or volume blocks can can some pretty nice effects. i made some granular sounding stuff a while ago, hear one of the patches here - https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/new-effect-granulator-buffer-delay.41569/page-2#post-568133 - i used pitch shifting with volume blocks controlled by some very fast lfo's to achieve the effect

That clip sounds great! Haven't played with the plex delay much - will certainly check it out. But I'm keeping grain delay on my wishlist :)

Granular delay is the only thing I really miss from NI Guitar Rig. Would be awesome to have a granular delay on the AX8, similar to Guitar Rig or the Red Panda Particle pedal.

If you own a Red Panda, could you not run it through an fx block? I was thinking of trying this with my DD500 b/c I have some settings on it that I have not been able to duplicate yet on the AX8, particularly a "golden ratio" preset that I use a lot.

If you own a Red Panda, could you not run it through an fx block? I was thinking of trying this with my DD500 b/c I have some settings on it that I have not been able to duplicate yet on the AX8, particularly a "golden ratio" preset that I use a lot.
You might want to do a forum search for "golden ratio"... I'm pretty sure this has been provided in a thread before.

yeah. the golden ratio delay is easy to do. in fact i think i have a fibonacci delay in my blocks for download...

Last edited:
I don't own this pedal, and even if I did, I'm using the FX block as a secondary input for some other gear. Such woe!

Back
Top Bottom