grainy, dynamic and odd

adam

Inspired
this is from a track in progress. the track elements (which aren't present in this post) make more musical sense of this (at least in my head) :)

all these sounds were done with one patch in one pass. the axe-fx is so dynamic that with stuff like this, so much depends on where the note is, how it's hit, plucked, scraped, etc.

i tried to follow funeral's advice in my last post about embedding the link, but i'm still clueless!

Grainy by nectarstuff on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Wow, man, that's the kind of stuff I want to hear people doing with their Axe. Just received the Axe2, still in the box, but can't wait to start tinkering after hearing this. How did you put this together exactly? I'm in a progressive instrumental band and I'm thinking the Axe is going to make us able to produce so many more sounds than could otherwise be imagined. Hopefully will start contributing with some weirdness of my own soon in this forum.

Keep it going man. And want to hear the final track.

Cheers.

wow, thanks for the kind words. i wasn't sure how this would land.

verbalkint33 - i'll try to explain this patch over the next day or so. it was one of the first i put together in the axe II, so i don't remember what's in it.

I'm down with new sounds. I've heard so many great traditional guitar tones over the years, i wanna a new drug lol

now that's what i'm talkin' 'bout!

oops, sorry for my vaguely transatlantic exclamation, i'll come back over this side of the pond and say that was absolutely marvellous!

it would be rather splendid if you could elucidate us as to your methodology :)

thanks so much for listening and for the kind words!

this patch is pretty basic. it's an amp and cabinet (a lot of my patches are based off of the fender sims, this one being the doubleverb) into a multitap, into a drive, into a reverb. the way i'm playing it is by tapping around the neck, or slapping the strings, etc. so all the variations in tone are just a result of how hard or soft i'm hitting the string.

no modifiers on this patch. i'm kinda surprised, actually. i made this patch a while ago and looked at it this morning, and was surprised it was so basic.

Back
Top Bottom