GR-300

simeon

Axe-Master
GR-300-00.jpg

External 1 tied to volume (shunt the volume block if you get no sound)
External 3 tied to pitch shift up an octave (also opens up the filters slightly, just like on the real thing)

noodling starts 32 seconds in, if you're impatient :)

i was reading the changes from Pat's book while doing this, so i forgot to hit the pitch up

enjoy!

Sim, great sound - thanks a lot. That's the closest, yet IMO. But it's still not there - it sounds a little too bright but what I really like, it has balls.
Thanks again

well if it's too bright, just lower the filter values for the two synths used. they're tied to external 3, but just lower the max and min values

wow, close, real close. Helps that your channeling Offramp in your playing too: very metheny'eske. As a Gr-300 owner since 1984 I can attest to this. great work as always Simeon

Attachments

• gear compressed.jpg
    gear compressed.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 81
I'd love to be able to get it closer...any chance you could record a clip of your 300 for comparison? :)

I'll assume you'll want the Metheny tone i.e solo (monophonic), normal and octave up with low res and med filter. Relatively dry (no heavy verb or delay) for tone matching. After that, best soaked in a large lexicon verb (Pat Metheny uses an old digitech multieffector to tame the ear pain of his blue box). I'll include a few varations when I get time, hopefully this weekend.

This thread is making me nostalgic.

I blew my entire semester's student loan on one in 1982 or so and got another
a few years later for $25 at a flea market. Shoulda kept it and never "upgraded"
to the GR700.

Mine sounded best when I split the straight guitar signal off to it's own ( guitar ) amp
and ran the synth thru what would be known as FRFR today...

Usually I don't fret ( hah ) over the ones that got away but I miss my G505/GR300

I even have the listings bookmarked on eBay, but I'm not gonna bite.

I need to blast away with this patch for awhile. Thanks for doing this...

Brilliant!!!

I tested this preset yesterdays for a few minutes only...but it sounds really great!! Might not be a 100% accurate copy (not possible without the real hardware) but its a blast to play with, and that is even more important :)

Thanks!

GREAT, thanks for that inspirational patch.

I had an idea while listening to the track in the op:
Build a blendable Boogie kind of warm singing lead sound in the patch in parallel to play lead melodies that change like a chameleon from guitar to synth.
Will experiment...;)

Back
Top Bottom