Goodbye everyone, I have just sold my Axe Fx II

Afrodrum

Its two years now since it arrived. Don't get me wrong - no complaints, great product, godsent for a frequently performing player and those with vast musical imagination. It turned out its an overkill for me even though I am pretty proud of my musical imagination. I realized I was spending too much time tweaking not enough time playing. Last 6 months I was using simultanously Overloud TH2 plugin in my home studio which came included in Sonar X2 DAW. I have come up with many equally satisfying sounds and decided TH2 is my weapon from now on. My heart and mind tell me though I will be missing:

- members of the most friendly and helpful forum i.e. you guys
- Trainwreck, CAE and EVH III amp models
- Black Room preset
- Tone Match, I have never wanted to sound like that or another guy on an album but it was cool to reproduce my own sound from the old past when I used (now forgotten) borrowed amp
- firmware updates, I know no other company or industry to take so much care of its customers

If you are reading this, Cliff, I have great respect for you and admire what you have achieved. And the guys (and ladies) here are in good hands.

Keep doing great music everyone

Best

Pawel

Best of luck in your musical endeavors! The Axe, and any other system, is just a tool- a means of expression and fun. It's all good!

I've never understood these types of posts, especially considering:

Goodbye everyone, I have just sold my Axe Fx II
Its two years now since it arrived.
Afrodrum - Posts: 5

See the same behavior on gaming forums. Is it just some sort of psychological or symbolic "cutting of the cord" or something?

I didn't go on to Angel Soft's website and post a goodbye when I switched to Northern Quilted or anything. I didn't post a farewell on Digitech's forums when I stopped using their stuff. Doubt you'll see a farewell from me here if I ever move on from the AFX.

So to the OP, bye, good luck, whatever. Hope it helps you "move on".

/shrug

LOL...... Yea, I guess if it allows one to move on its all good. Just be happy that you are still on this big blue marble and can enjoy the pleasure of music. :encouragement:

I bought my Axe about the same time as you. Now I feel like you quit on me. I'm really disappointed.

No, wait, I guess it doesn't really matter. Good luck with whatever you do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5 posts. he didn't dive into the community. clearly wasn't for him. no biggee. best of luck. i share some of his same sentiments. too much time tweaking and not enough time practicing and creating. it is odd though, that he made zero effort to post over the last two years except to say goodbye...

We'll save this for when you come back.....you can check out but never leave. Once bitten by the Axe bug, you can't simply leave.

Ok I'd say that Ultra was good to go but I wouldn't get rid of my II!
Axe Fx II kicks dirt in eyes of so many real amps that I can't believe it myself... Digital goodness !:)

I had mine for over 2 years and at first I was a bit disappointed and tried other software based apps and some of them back in time were mind and ear blowing but right now with some technical background and help of the forum you push the envelope beyond expectations!

Hello, my name is Jake, and I'm a tweaker. I couldn't admit it for years, but now I realize I am powerless against it. (sorry, bad AA reference)

To the OP, all the best to you - whatever works for you, go for it.

Damn, I just got here and already have 46 posts. And I ain't goin' nowhere (already there).

Goodbye, buddy. Best of luck to ye. We all know what you're saying.

Not for everybody, I get that.
Its the endless tweaking thing I don't get? Especially with the AF II, just use some some basic controls and your off and running, everything else is frosting on the cake. OK the Standard/Ultra I found myself diving in a bit more often. Re-routing effects is a joy on this thing, if you change your mind about the order of things.

But let me tell you what I do remember tweaking!

I remember a rig I had that required 3 midi channels, so I was careful when I made changes to the midi board and took more time and though than I deal with now.
I remember cutting cables for pedal boards, processors and so on (within a rack in my case) audio/AC/midi, soldering all of this together.
I remember trying to keep the audio cables separate from the AC and wall-warts
I remember changing out a processor, having to open up the cable and AC ties in some cases cut more cables to length do some more soldering, fire it up check for ground hum, then re-tie all cables again.
I remember changing tubes.
I remember constantly screwing with the EQ since tubes are in a constant state of change/wear
I remember balancing out all of this gear (gain wise) was not always easy at times, compromises were made,mostly because of the pedals, but there were other factors.

These are the things I remember tweaking!
And don't get me wrong it was a labor of love and proud of my rig but I spent far more time doing this than tweaking the Axe Fx Standard, Ultra, or II.
John

Back
Top Bottom