Goodbye all and good luck

Sonofiam

Power User
Gave the forum another shot for the last few months but it's just not a place I feel worth devoting any more time to. There's no illusion that my absence will affect anything, just disappointed and frustrated by the status quo. Other things that are more concerning exist but I don't believe I'm able to express them in a manner that's going to be taken in the manner they're intended.

Hmmm , I haven’t been around the forum much lately , but I thought you were a contributing force around here.
I also thought I read a previous post by you sometime , stating something like this before too.
Regardless , good luck to you as well in life’s journey.
The IGNORE feature got me through a few tough waitlist periods , if someone is on your nerves , otherwise- Great equipment , great company , great forum. Win , win , win. ( IMO anyways )

Not sure what the issue is.... but I hope it works out for you. Don’t like seeing veteran contributors leaving.

Agree that intention, (or more accurately, people’s ability to determine it ) has gone the same way as Latin...it’s out there... but it’s going to take some work to find someone to converse with.

Hi sonofiam,
I just looked at your recent activity, and asides from you helping some, and getting helped some, I didn't see anything to indicate bad stuff going on. I'd like to see all the offer to help (as you do) stick around, because that's what makes these forums great.
As mentioned above, if it's just some wanker getting on your nerves, use the ignore function - it's saved my nerves a few times!
Hope to see you in future.
Thanks
Pauly

Gave the forum another shot for the last few months but it's just not a place I feel worth devoting any more time to. There's no illusion that my absence will affect anything, just disappointed and frustrated by the status quo. Other things that are more concerning exist but I don't believe I'm able to express them in a manner that's going to be taken in the manner they're intended.

Door doesn’t lock behind you, you can always come back.

Take a week, or month etc away and maybe you’ll feel like posting again.

Just an Internet gear forum after all, likely everyone could use a little break every now and then.

I don't see anything on here that I would call contentious.....it's pretty tame & people are quite helpful.

Some folks are just really sensitive:rolleyes:

I never did understand why people post about departing a forum. If you want to leave "JUST DO IT" as the slogan goes.
It makes sense if you're leaving in terms of making a protest. I've done it before and it's been effective. But there should be obvious reasons for it. I don't follow the forums closely, but I didn't see anything. I missed it. And I've also learned over time, especially with very contentious forums and Facebook, to not get heavily involved. I will make a statement, reiterate if I feel I could more clearly state my position. THEN if it turns argumentative, I just never return to that thread. I've had my say, and I've moved on. Like Frank Zappa said, paraphrase - "Arguing is useless. They will only agree with you if they agree with you already."

Isn't that called a flounce?
I don’t know. Is it? Doesn’t matter. Interaction on the internet is communication. If you feel like you can’t get through or someone or people are being difficult or buttheads and it’s time to step out, I think think it makes sense to state why. Then others can see that maybe their actions have had direct results. Maybe not. But there’s a reason for things generally. If someone feels insulted enough to leave it’s good to say why.

I’d wager that at least 9 out of 10 times, when someone says they are leaving, what they actually mean to say is that they are going to log out and monitor the responses to their “leaving” thread anonymously lol

I’d wager that at least 9 out of 10 times, when someone says they are leaving, what they actually mean to say is that they are going to log out and monitor the responses to their “leaving” thread anonymously lol
Could be. I have learned to never ever do that. I used to give it a day. But the last 10 years or so I walk away and don't look back to that thread, ever. Normally I come back after a few years to the forum, and carefully monitor my posts. That's why I've created the way I do it. I don't get sucked in ever. Never, ever.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom