Go nuts, EVH tone matchers

I dunno man, that's not how it was played on the album. :D

Edit: Watching the video, he's playing so much of that stuff on his neck pickup, is he? That's crazy cool. It must bite like crazy when he goes to the bridge pickup with those same amp settings!

I dunno man, that's not how it was played on the album. :D

Edit: Watching the video, he's playing so much of that stuff on his neck pickup, is he? That's crazy cool. It must bite like crazy when he goes to the bridge pickup with those same amp settings!

He is on the bridge pickup. He has the toggle switch reversed on his guitars so he doesn't accidentally change to the neck pickup

He is on the bridge pickup. He has the toggle switch reversed on his guitars so he doesn't accidentally change to the neck pickup

Oh phew. That makes so much more sense. The guy gets it all backwards, doesn't he? :D

I've watched that video at least three times today. I feel so stupid, I was enjoying the sound so much I didn't even realize that it was a perfect sound source for tone matching.

Oh phew. That makes so much more sense. The guy gets it all backwards, doesn't he? :D

Lol, I always wondered why he did it. Then I got one of the new MIM Wolfgang Special's, which are wired standard with the bridge switch down. And I'll be damned, everytime I go to do some tapping I end up hitting the switch and knocking to the middle position and I'm like "Damn, now I know why he did that " Eventually I'll end up switching it to Ed's way.

That is cool. Thanks for posting. Check out Unchained at approximately 2:21 and how his picking hand grip changes from a thumb/index to thumb/middle and back at some point. As I watch it seems like he changes his grip quite a bit..... :shock Surprised by that....

Listened to it again and the amp sounds really likes it brutal and heavy but I personally like the classic tone on the recordings for the songs he was using for the demo, also love the look of the Stealth head.

Not a huge VH fan, but it's cool to hear him talk about his products. He seems very genuine about his amp design, and it shows in his amp as, they are surprisingly very versatile, and not just "van halen tone" machines. Every time I try out a guitar at the local shops, they are my main got to amp for getting something close to what I'd actually use at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom