Gift of Tone #23 - ALEX LIFESON

Keanu Reeves GIF

While I experiment with these GOT Lifeson effect blocks, I plan to use the Brit Silver model that is modeled after the Lerxst. When I look up the wiki, it says the fractal model of the silver jubilee is modeled after Alex Lifeson’s personal Lerxst. How are the Lerxst and Silver Jubilee connected/related? Here is the wiki quote for reference:

"Our reference amp for the Silver Jubilee is actually not a Silver Jubilee. It's a Lerxst Omega that Alex Lifeson gave me."

😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎
The man who I truly can say inspired me to start playing guitar 43 years ago on January 20,1979. I was 14 and saw my first concert that I won tickets being the right number caller to the radio!! That band was RUSH and I was completely enthralled by this dude named Alex Lifeson. Oh and that bass player and drummer were pretty cool, too…😉

So Thank You to Alex and Fractal for this great Christmas Eve Gift of Tone.🎄🎄🎄

Edit for Correction:
It kept bothering me so I had to go back to my ticket stubs. It wasn’t Jan 19, 1979 it was Jan 20, 1979.

Last edited:
All of us that love the AxeFx so much owe much to Alex Lifeson.

Those of you that were here for the old forum and the AxeFx standard may remember Cliff saying he basically invented the AxeFx so he could emulate Lifeson’s guitar sounds for the Rush tribute band he played in.

It’s kind of come full circle tonight.

While I experiment with these GOT Lifeson effect blocks, I plan to use the Brit Silver model that is modeled after the Lerxst. When I look up the wiki, it says the fractal model of the silver jubilee is modeled after Alex Lifeson’s personal Lerxst. How are the Lerxst and Silver Jubilee connected/related? Here is the wiki quote for reference:

"Our reference amp for the Silver Jubilee is actually not a Silver Jubilee. It's a Lerxst Omega that Alex Lifeson gave me."
I am interested in this. I basically built the same patch that Leon demonstrates in his video and I feel like it nails the early Rush tone really well but I suppose I can do another patch version that uses the Lerxst model for more high gain stuff?.

All of us that love the AxeFx so much owe much to Alex Lifeson.

Those of you that were here for the old forum and the AxeFx standard may remember Cliff saying he basically invented the AxeFx so he could emulate Lifeson’s guitar sounds for the Rush tribute band he played in.

It’s kind of come full circle tonight.
Wow, that’s a heck of a piece of information that I did not know. It is certainly a major tribute. Also, it’s cool to know Cliff was in a Rush tribute band.👍

I am interested in this. I basically built the same patch that Leon demonstrates in his video and I feel like it nails the early Rush tone really well but I suppose I can do another patch version that uses the Lerxst model for more high gain stuff?.
Yes hopefully someone can break it down! I did a little brief research and basically seems like the Lerxst omega is just a clone of the Marshall 2555 amp so it’s prob just a clone

I woke up to this discovering this gift via email on Christmas morning. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of joy and the smile on my face and I watch @2112 doing the demo video. Thank you Alex, Scott, Anthem, MojoTone, and anyone else involved from the artist side. Thank you @Admin M@ and the entire Fractal Audio team. Thank you Leon. This is beyond words. You all gifted me my Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

I woke up to this discovering this gift via email on Christmas morning. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of joy and the smile on my face and I watch @2112 doing the demo video. Thank you Alex, Scott, Anthem, MojoTone, and anyone else involved from the artist side. Thank you @Admin M@ and the entire Fractal Audio team. Thank you Leon. This is beyond words. You all gifted me my Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
I agree with everything you have said. Alex Lifeson inspired me to learn to play the guitar about 43 years ago! He came up with the most amazing sounds, textures, solos, and use of effects.

Don’t put your eye out!

I was correcting the date I saw Rush from above which was actually January 20, 1979. Thought I’d convey this story of my first concert and one heck of an event that had flavors of the last couple days involved.

The date is important because the show was at the Baltimore Civic Center and I lived about 45 minutes north in PA. That day a NorEaster rolled in and we got about a foot of snow, but as we headed south the temps rose enough that it was an ice event. We were in this little POS 1973 Dodge Colt with hardly any heat and the highway had just two tracks for the wheels that the Tractor Trailer made. If we got out of the tracks it was snow and a crust of ice that would throw the car all over the place. Meanwhile the trucks were cruising and these huge sheets of snow and ice would fly off the trailer and catch the wind and go flying 30 feet in the air and smash down on our little rust bucket. It was scary, but we were laughing the whole time.

By the time we got in Baltimore city there was no snow, but at least an inch of ice on everything including the sidewalks. As you can imagine there were a long trek of stoned and drunk people sliding and falling all over the place. It was a huge crazy party. Everyone was so hyped from the drive that inside it was complete over the top partying. Geddy actually stopped for a second between songs (right before Passage to Bangkok) to tell everyone to settle down a bit. There were a bunch of people with M80’s and fireworks shooting them off. Then he goes and says “the next song is about something you guys seem to know about) and everyone went crazy and the band just jammed and jammed. I guess the people with the fireworks ran out or took it serious and that stopped. From 2112 on (did all, but The Oracle) everyone was on their seats going wild and the isles had people skipping up and down dancing. This was when security was only there for the most serious of things and in this case they were totally out numbered and out crazed!!! They did all of Hemispheres and I was not as familiar with La Villa Strangiato. When Alex started into that I was forever mesmerized. It was the most memorable show of my life.

Then to top it off as we drove north at 1am all the power lines were arcing and the sky was lighting up with crazy colors. As we got closer to home we could tell there was no electricity. I lived with my parents and my older brother was the one who drove and more or less was “responsible” for me…LOL! My parents were up with candles lit and finally stopped worrying if we were alive or not. This was before cell phones and was a different time in many ways. The concert was the best!!!

Sorry for the long post. But this was a memory that I’ll never forget.

Last edited:
I was correcting the date I saw Rush from above which was actually January 20, 1979. Thought I’d convey this story of my first concert and one heck of an event that had flavors of the last couple days involved.

The date is important because the show was at the Baltimore Civic Center and I lived about 45 minutes north in PA. That day a NorEaster rolled in and we got about a foot of snow, but as we headed south the temps rose enough that it was an ice event. We were in this little POS 1973 Dodge Colt with hardly any heat and the highway had just two tracks for the wheels that the Tractor Trailer made. If we got out of the tracks it was snow and a crust of ice that would throw the car all over the place. Meanwhile the trucks were cruising and these huge sheets of snow and ice would fly off the trailer and catch the wind and go flying 30 feet in the air and smash down on our little rust bucket. It was scary, but we were laughing the whole time.

By the time we got in Baltimore city there was no snow, but at least an inch of ice on everything including the sidewalks. As you can imagine there were a long trek of stoned and drunk people sliding and falling all over the place. It was a huge crazy party. Everyone was so hyped from the drive that inside it was complete over the top partying. Geddy actually stopped for a second between songs (right before Passage to Bangkok) to tell everyone to settle down a bit. There were a bunch of people with M80’s and fireworks shooting them off. Then he goes and says “the next song is about something you guys seem to know about) and everyone went crazy and the band just jammed and jammed. I guess the people with the fireworks ran out or took it serious and that stopped. From 2112 on (did all, but The Oracle) everyone was on their seats going wild and the isles had people skipping up and down dancing. This was when security was only there for the most serious of things and in this case they were totally out numbered and out crazed!!! They did all of Hemispheres and I was not as familiar with La Villa Strangiato. When Alex started into that I was forever mesmerized. It was the most memorable show of my life.

Then to top it off as we drove north at 1am all the power lines were arching. And the sky was lighting up with crazy colors. As we got closer to home we could tell there was no electricity. I lived with my parents and my older brother was the one who drove and more or less was “responsible” for me…LOL! My parents were up with candles lit and finally stopped worrying if we were alive or not. This was before cell phones and was a different time in many ways. The concert was the best!!!

Sorry for the long post. But this was a memory that I’ll never forget.

I saw the show from that tour at The Palladium in NYC. Also, my first Rush show. I believe Starz opened up for them.

Also, I forgot to mention and thank Rich Chycki who has been a big part of our Rush + Fractal Audio world (and Dream Theater). He and I chatted not long ago about possibly doing a special project.
I remember him actually was he not a guitarist in a Dokken ish band with LaBrie up here in Canada ?this was before Dream Theatre ,

Back
Top Bottom