getting sound from preset po8111

If you don't get sound from the cab block, it usually means that the preset users third party IRs, not stock IRs. I didn't try this one to check if it's the case though

By IRs you mean custom cabs? I should've mentioned that I have switched the cab and amp models out through many stock ones, but still no sound unless bypassed.

It seems to be presets that link blocks to the Global block (maybe i'm not recalling this in full certainty), but even unlinking them from the global block doesn't allow audio through.

Also (if it helps) the Meters page on the Layout on the front of the unit only shows sound on the top blue bar and not the bottom green bar of the amp block.

Last edited:
Also (if it helps) the Meters page on the Layout on the front of the unit only shows sound on the top blue bar and not the bottom green bar of the amp block.
That means that the sound is dying in the Amp block. Dig into that block to find out why.

There's global block links on both the Amp and Cab blocks. Shared presets that are exported with Global Block links in place are completely useless for other users. Unless your Global blocks are set up identically to whomever made the preset, you will get completely different results. If there's no matching Global Block on your Axe III, the block defaults to all parameters at their minimum value, which is basically useless. Even if you unlink the blocks, the values stay at all turned down. You have to reset the block channel to get it usable again. At that point you don't even know which amp model they were using let alone how they had it dialed in.

In other words, it's a bad preset for anyone other than the creator. Skip it and move on to the next one. Folks need to remember to unlink any Global Blocks before they export any presets for sharing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom