Get Yer 11.0 Beta Here!

My first crash

I've had my AxeFx for nearly 26 months (got mine the first week they were publicly available) and tonight had my first crash after installing 11b. :(

There was a pop and the screen went blank. It rebooted fine but I had about 20 seconds of minor terror until it came back up.

I loaded FW11B a few days ago. I like it. I checked out Cliff's VH patch earlier. I was having fun with it noodling some Van Halen tunes. I pulled up the layout to see what amp & cab combo it was... The cool part was seeing some of the other blocks Cliff had on the grid. I added a drive, turned a on the Quad Tap & added a big spring verb and made the coolest sloppy/muddy patch I've come across on the Axe. It reminds me of a Peavey Triumph 60 with gain up and the spring verb kranked up. Awesome! I attached some noodling.

I've spent so much time trying to come up with the perfect pristine shredding tone that I forgot how fun it is to just let go on a sloppy amp. I'm diggin' the patch and FW11!
Thanks, Cliff!

I've upgraded coming from 10.06 and must say I'm really pleased. Not sure if the change is coming from the 10.12 overdrive setting or the new F11 magic, but my Fryette patches sound a lot better now. P

Played quite a bit with the Mesa Marks and they're right up there with the original stuff with the new Graphic EQ modeling and the feel is as stiff as I remember from my old Mark III. The IIC+ seems a bit shy on the gain side of things, but maybe that's the amp itself, I never had the honour to play the real deal.

Gonna restring the Strat tonight and let the Marshalls roar ;) Other amps were tested with my Sterling JP100D

Too bad v11 doesn't work at all with Axe Edit 1.9. I haven't even owned this a month yet and already I'm stuck because I do depend on Axe Edit and wont be able to update the firmware any further beyond v10.12 until Axe Edit v3 is released. Old timers, please don't tell me to use the front panel. This is the 21st century computer age and Axe Edit is vital and was critical to my purchase. Seems like resources should be more focused on that Axe Edit before anymore firmware updates are released.

I really hope Axe Edit v3 is released very soon.

Too bad v11 doesn't work at all with Axe Edit 1.9. I haven't even owned this a month yet and already I'm stuck because I do depend on Axe Edit and wont be able to update the firmware any further beyond v10.12 until Axe Edit v3 is released. Old timers, please don't tell me to use the front panel. This is the 21st century computer age and Axe Edit is vital and was critical to my purchase. Seems like resources should be more focused on that Axe Edit before anymore firmware updates are released.

I really hope Axe Edit v3 is released very soon.

I have been kind of "coasting" waiting for AE too.

The Fractal Bot makes it pretty easy to backup and go back and forth. And I am not a front panel guy for sure. Al least you can mess around with 11b and get back to an earlier FW without much hassle.

Too bad v11 doesn't work at all with Axe Edit 1.9. I haven't even owned this a month yet and already I'm stuck because I do depend on Axe Edit and wont be able to update the firmware any further beyond v10.12 until Axe Edit v3 is released. Old timers, please don't tell me to use the front panel. This is the 21st century computer age and Axe Edit is vital and was critical to my purchase.

If you have an iPad there is an excellent editor available. Check out the Lemur template that Scrutinizer has developed. . .

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other...emur-v3-00-ready-prime-time-7.html#post892169

Terry.

Just updated to FW11b and the only noticeable difference was that my patches were louder and clipping so I turned down the global gain to level them off. Anything I should be looking for difference wise?

Hi all!
Are there any known problems with 11b so far?
Can someone give a short summary if so? A 30 page thread plus other threads are a bit too much for a quick decision :D
I'm on FW 10 and not sure if it would be better to go straight to the beta instead of waiting for the official release and firstly update to to FW10.12 (or which was the last one of the 10 series?)

Hi all!
Are there any known problems with 11b so far?
Can someone give a short summary if so? A 30 page thread plus other threads are a bit too much for a quick decision :D
I'm on FW 10 and not sure if it would be better to go straight to the beta instead of waiting for the official release and firstly update to to FW10.12 (or which was the last one of the 10 series?)

Just make a backup, then you should be safe no matter what. It's what I intend to do this weekend. Looking forward to playing around with this.

Back
Top Bottom