Get ready for more Ownhammer

Thanks so much to everyone for the support and the kind words, hope the library is doing well for you all! Thanks to Aziz and Detch for the clips, and MASSIVE thanks to Morten for that demonstration video! :)

Thanks very much for those who have jumped in on the questions, I'll address a couple of the things I think may still floating around:

Any Idea what the low res frequency is on this cab ? Closed or open back?

The low frequency resonance changes from speaker to speaker, even speakers of the same make and model (especially the old ones). Best to get "VST Plugin Analyser" HERE. It runs out of the shell so you don't need to install it. Run the .exe to open it, then select VST Plugin -> load. Load the .dll file of a convolution reverb plugin. Load an IR file of which you wish to see the frequency response to find the low resonant peak. Select VST Plugin -> Measurement -> Frequency Response. This will pull up a graph and plot the response, you can zoom in and do all kinds of stuff in that window.

This cab is a closed back.

Cab Lab only can use mono.wav files for conversion I believe.

The OH files come with a number of different resolutions (and also stereo file options). Is there any advantage to using say a 96kHz over a 48kHz mono file ?

Also assuming Cab Lab can load the 500 m/s files, is there an advantage over the 200 m/s ? The PDF said some IR loaders might not be able to use the 500 m/s, and also that the 200 m/s could reduce system resources, but does that hold true once its converted over to .IR or .SYX format for loading into the Axe ?

The "Fractal.zip" has the appropriate files, which are 48 kHz mono and truncated to 200 ms. .syx files are only roughly 20-40 ms in decay tail length no matter what you convert them to, and Ultra-Res bases the frequency response off of a max of 170 ms files so anything more is unnecessary. The primary if not only reason 200 ms files were provided and not just 500 was because S-Gear can only handle files up to 20,000 samples. I spoke with the developer and he preferred I offer smaller files rather than rewriting the IR loader at the time. It's all part of my build scripts, so, I just go with it whether it's still necessary or not.

Purchased! Could Kevin or anyone point me in the direction of some warmer/darker tones as far as speaker and mix options go?

Lots and lots of warm, in the middle, and bright stuff to be had, haha. What kind of music? The V30-EN-08 and M-PR25-75 are always a great place to start and "fan favorite" speakers of many, I'm also very partial to the LYN-BK.

I never tried this with any IR wave files, will it open them?

I never use anything but .wav files in Cab Lab 3 plugin version, so I know in a DAW session they work. :)

- - - - - - - - - -

If I missed anything, let me know! Thanks again everybody!

Ive only tried a few but so far this pack is great. My fav's so far:

Metal RBN
Mdrn Mix HG
Metal Mix SP1
Mdrn Mix SP2

Made a a few killer patches last night/tonight. Really loving the 5153 with the Metal RBN and the HBE with the Mdrn Mix HG. Thanks man, your work is very much appreciated!

The low frequency resonance changes from speaker to speaker, even speakers of the same make and model (especially the old ones). Best to get "VST Plugin Analyser" HERE. It runs out of the shell so you don't need to install it. Run the .exe to open it, then select VST Plugin -> load. Load the .dll file of a convolution reverb plugin. Load an IR file of which you wish to see the frequency response to find the low resonant peak. Select VST Plugin -> Measurement -> Frequency Response. This will pull up a graph and plot the response, you can zoom in and do all kinds of stuff in that window.

Kevin,

I couldn't find the download for the analyzer plug from that link.

Thanks for the new cab pack! Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about. ;)

You know, it might be useful if someone put together a WIKI for all these cabs and mics (kinda like the Fractal WIKI). I mean, not just for Ownhammer, but also for TheAmpFactory, and Fractal's newer cab packs. It would be very handy to have a list of recommended amps and maybe a notation to indicate cab is recommended for "high gain", "medium gain", "low gain", etc. It'd probably need to have multiple contributors to cover things adequately.

I know lots of this info appears in support documentation (particularly with Ownhammer). I was just musing that it would be cool to be able to browse a WIKI for "medium gain cabs" and see all the recommendations in a big list. Then be able to buy a particular cab (or cab pack) from the mfg's site with a click.

One can dream. ;)

Bought the pack yesterday, and what say:

It's a Great, Great speakers collection. Can't stop playing with it.

It's like have a "Swiss Army knife of sound".

Congratulation to Scott for his personnal mixes, specially the SP2, Yes that sounds for Live and Studio.

For me The Top 10 is the special 10 OH multi-speakers collage.

Many Thanks to Kevin for making this IR's collection, It's just a Must Have.

Last edited:
I noticed the ER wasn't listed in the pdf? Try blending that dynamic/rib mix with pre-rola h 55....Duane anyone? :)

These are the real deal people! Do yourself a favor and check them out before the deal ends! ;)

I noticed the ER wasn't listed in the pdf? Try blending that dynamic/rib mix with pre-rola h 55....Duane anyone? :)

These are the real deal people! Do yourself a favor and check them out before the deal ends! ;)

That's my bad. I counted how many items there were in the speakers list and it came out to 74, turns out in the PDF I added one in the list that's not in the library (H-PR-75) and didn't have the ER-24 in. Copy/paste oversight, also notice another typo in there. Will fix soon, thanks for pointing this out!

I gotta say,

This pack, not only the quantitu of what you get for $25, but the quality is STUPID AMAZING. Seriously, this pack has made certain amps just come alive. The ALN-Blu and Slvr are some of my favorites. But just the sheer versatility of the pack is insane. Other than the bass IR's, I don't think I'll need to buy another cab pack. This sent everything over the top.
Great Job!!!

I gotta say, This pack, not only the quantitu of what you get for $25, but the quality is STUPID AMAZING. Seriously, this pack has made certain amps just come alive. The ALN-Blu and Slvr are some of my favorites. But just the sheer versatility of the pack is insane. Other than the bass IR's, I don't think I'll need to buy another cab pack. This sent everything over the top. Great Job!!!

That's why I love he ALNUK, I like how the silvers smooth out the blues, which I don't like by themselves.

Just getting ready to load them into my Axe XL+ but can't decide on which file types to load, MPT or RAW? I will be mixing 2 cab blocks together in the XL so I'm assuming MPT, but I'm confused about the manual PDF text that says RAW are "likely provide the ‘best’ sound quality over minimum phase transformed files" when mixing in Plugin form...
So would you recommend MPT for the Axe, and RAW for plugins?
Which file types are you guys loading to your Axe vs your DAW in Cablab or other Plugin hosts?
I know these IR's will be game changers for me, always amazed at how incredible Kevin's IRs sound!
Thanks Kevin!

You only need MPT if you are mixing the IRs with IRs from another pack from someone else (not sure about other OH packs). This ensures you don't get weird phasing. The OH cabs are all aligned so that even the raw files can be mixed. At least that's how I read it. So as long as you're just using the IRs from this pack, stick to raw.

I will be mixing with other (older) Ownhammer packs. Any other info on this? Also, in Cablab should I select "Min Phase" and "Auto Trim"? Still confused on when we should and when we shouldn't use Min Phase...
Thanks.

I will be mixing with other (older) Ownhammer packs. Any other info on this? Also, in Cablab should I select "Min Phase" and "Auto Trim"? Still confused on when we should and when we shouldn't use Min Phase...
Thanks.

Kevin's suggestion to the beta team was to use RAW unless you are mixing with non-OH files or with OH files done before the "small V3 cabs".

Terry.

I’ll just chime in with everyone else to express my gratitude for these. OH-GREEN-SP2 with the Dirty Shirley is my favourite so far.

I also love the format of just a couple of mic’s in one (the best) position and then a few different mixes. It suits me perfectly since I never take the time to go through 15 different mic positions to find something I prefer over the rest anyway. The SP2 mixes are my favourite but I have only been playing at home so far but they sound great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom