Get ready for more Ownhammer

Cab Lab only can use mono.wav files for conversion I believe.

The OH files come with a number of different resolutions (and also stereo file options). Is there any advantage to using say a 96kHz over a 48kHz mono file ?

Also assuming Cab Lab can load the 500 m/s files, is there an advantage over the 200 m/s ? The PDF said some IR loaders might not be able to use the 500 m/s, and also that the 200 m/s could reduce system resources, but does that hold true once its converted over to .IR or .SYX format for loading into the Axe ?

Bought them directly. Will not have time to mess around with these until late July due to business and holiday trips... I am such a sucker... haha ;)

Still smart move as the price will go up in a week. Still a great deal at even the full price of course, but if your going to buy them for sure, might as well do it now at the amazing sale price

That is a gorgeous cabinet. WOW!

Can't wait to hear it.

Maple will help eliminate some of the muddy low mids.

Funny you should say this. Last month I commissioned a solid wood 1x10 based off of the Emery. I wanted something with more than mahogany, so I ordered mine to custom size specs using solid mahogany and birdseye maple. It's a thing of beauty, at least to me:

Cab_110_BCSTM_600.jpg

Among other cabs hopefully in line for more 12's, the above 1x10 and my other B Custom (2x10) were gonna be the first ones to get my 10's. We'll see how this first 12 goes. :)

Only had a short time to play last night before bed. (I'm still very limited while recovering from the auto accident.)

But, I went to the Vox AC15 preset, added SP1 mix from the ALN BRT mixes, and BAM! Perfect tones. Just awesome.

Can't wait to be able to play more and get more time with these. What a deal!

Really looking forward to further installments in this series.

Fractalites unite!... and support this great effort.

Cab Lab only can use mono.wav files for conversion I believe.

The OH files come with a number of different resolutions (and also stereo file options). Is there any advantage to using say a 96kHz over a 48kHz mono file ?

Also assuming Cab Lab can load the 500 m/s files, is there an advantage over the 200 m/s ? The PDF said some IR loaders might not be able to use the 500 m/s, and also that the 200 m/s could reduce system resources, but does that hold true once its converted over to .IR or .SYX format for loading into the Axe ?

You can only use 48kHz mono IRs in the Axe-Fx. Also, 500ms IRs have no advantage.

Still smart move as the price will go up in a week. Still a great deal at even the full price of course, but if your going to buy them for sure, might as well do it now at the amazing sale price

haha yeah. Just got abit over excited with these variations of 2x12 and then realized that I wont have time to play around with them. should have bought them anyway so bargain indeed...

You can only use 48kHz mono IRs in the Axe-Fx. Also, 500ms IRs have no advantage.

I would guess the SRC in CabLab would convert anything but I stick to 48K files just to avoid unnecessary processing.

I'm not sure if the longer .wav files offer an advantage to CabLab processing or not?

Thanks Yek....

I always thought Cablab could load any resolution file ? I know the Axe itself only works at 48 kHz, but thought once a wave was converted to .sysex it didn't matter. Reason I'm asking is I feel like I converted a bunch of old RedWirez wave files in the past and don't think I used 48 kHz.

If you use something other than the native 48 KHz can it introduce some sort of errors or artifacts etc ?

Awesome! I've tried 2 IR's, and it's been an hour. ;) You've outdone yourself again. If someone told me 15 years ago this tone is 100% digital... well... you know :p (There could be way too much reverb, I don't know, only noodling with headphones on.)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the longer .wav files offer an advantage to CabLab processing or not?

If you're using CabLab to create UltraRes AxeFX files the 200ms files should be used. Anything beyond 200ms is ignored and Kevin has named these such that nothing is truncated on the AxeFX display. If you're working with an IR loader within a DAW the 500ms files contain more information that you may find useful.

Terry.

Re-amped my track using these IR's. (FV19b3) It's pleasure to work with this library, easy to sculpt the sound in the way you want. Just need some time to familiarize with speakers and get the feeling of what they do if mixing together.
Guitars are a bit louder then they should be :)

64 speakers, PLUS the 10 OH multi-speaker mixes.

Even if you picked all these up at OH's already screaming low $5 each price, that would be $370.

Even with a huge multi-IR buyer's discount (OH discounts your purchases after you reach certain levels, automatically, in your Shopping Cart), you couldn't come close to the price Kevin's asking for these.

I cringe, when I think of all the speakers I've bought, and then turned right back around and re-sold, because they didn't match the tone I was chasing in my head. :miserable:

We are indeed in favored times, here, to have these options, at such an easily achieved cost point. Thanks, again, Kevin, and all those who assisted in getting this project off the ground. When I scroll through all the speaker drivers you had to go through to compile this package, it makes my head spin. You've definitely raised the bar a bit...... :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom