Get instant answers WITHOUT reading the Axe-Fx manual

Not even. It fails to remember DURING conversations.

As I mentioned earlier, it's context isn't infinite, I has a sliding window of something like 4000 words (not really words, logical units, but essentially meaningful words) and beyond that it no longer has the context anymore.

It's the suggested intent that's a bit scary: Enthusiasm about getting an answer WITHOUT having to read a manual, enthusiasm about NOT needing to exercise one's brain a little, enthusiasm about the possibility of being spoonfed info, when the simplest and most direct route to the knowledge is to just open the book (A.."I"'s source) already in hand and read it directly. It's a good example of one of A.."I"'s biggest dangers imo - for every 1 it helps, many will be led to waste time thinking it's some sort of magic shortcut to understanding concepts.

The easy part is opening the book and finding the page. The harder (but often more rewarding) part is reading / studying the page and undertanding the concept. The less we practice that the harder it will be - and putting an A.."I" filter between us and the page will only make things even more challenging.
I agree 100%. I find it enjoyable to read and research. I don't understand the idea of shortcutting a chance to become versed in a subject. I actually find it relaxing and fun to get a cup of coffee, and do some reading. Oh well, I am obsolete I guess...

I agree 100%. I find it enjoyable to read and research. I don't understand the idea of shortcutting a chance to become versed in a subject. I actually find it relaxing and fun to get a cup of coffee, and do some reading. Oh well, I am obsolete I guess...
If I need a specific piece of information and I don't know where it's at in the manual, I'm going to end up wasting more time looking for it than if I'd just asked the AI.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom