George Lynch/DOKKEN Plexi tone (Back For The Attack era-1987) - (w/ PATCH)

roc, awesome stuff! quick question. just listened to your VH patch on soundcloud. is that anywhere for download? also, about a year or so ago i started following this guy on you tube - phenomenal player who strapped a camera to his headstock and then would shred all of these covers, which immediately were taken down by the labels. i want to say it is you? haven't looked in my YouTube account but i recall 'rocco.'

on a side note my buddy has a metaltronix 4x12 cabinet that is his peanut butter & jelly. IRs maybe? i'll take a pic of it and post. he swears by that thing.

raze

roc, awesome stuff! quick question. just listened to your VH patch on soundcloud. is that anywhere for download? also, about a year or so ago i started following this guy on you tube - phenomenal player who strapped a camera to his headstock and then would shred all of these covers, which immediately were taken down by the labels. i want to say it is you? haven't looked in my YouTube account but i recall 'rocco.'

on a side note my buddy has a metaltronix 4x12 cabinet that is his peanut butter & jelly. IRs maybe? i'll take a pic of it and post. he swears by that thing.

raze

hey dude thanks! I do have a couple of videos on my channel where I taped my camera on the headstock, but never had issues with copyrights.. must be another rocco! anyway, you can download the VH patch here, it might need some tweaking since it was done with fw7! http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...ch-updated-no-tone-match-[free-download].html :)

btw you gotta find a way to steal that cab :D

Rocco, Thanks for sharing this patch. It is AWESOME!!!
I have a Tone Zone pup in the bridge of an RG and the tone I am getting full volume or otherwise is stellar! (using 11b fw)

That sounds incredible! I am a huge Lynch fan, so I will definitely be checking this out. Would love to see if you can nail those solo tones from 'Just Got Lucky' and 'Alone Again.' :) Thanks much for sharing!

I remember for a while George played with metal picks back in the day....would definitely lend a unique pick attack.

i loaded the patch up earlier but had my strat plugged in, was definitely not the guitar for it, lol. will revisit with a darker guitar and some hb's soon.

btw you gotta find a way to steal that cab :D

hey roc, just for you... (he also has the head)

photo14703674.jpg

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a Lynch Fan as well and a NEW AFX II Owner as of a few days ago. It is amazing, but I don't know squat! I just twist a few knobs and jam, but need to do some reading to figure this thing out! It goes Deep!

This is recorded with a digital sony Cyber Shot Digital Camera on a music stand. Very high tech! Oh ya, just noticed I am wearing an Andy Timmons shirt from a local Dallas Show.....

This is pretty much dead-on. I love his tone from Back for the Attack. I remember being disappointed when Dysfunctional came out and they started to sound like a wannabe Soundgarden. THIS is the tone I think of when I think of George Lynch.

As you may know I'm a big George Lynch fan :) besides his playing I've always loved his tone, especially on Dokken's Under Lock and Key and Back for the Attack albums..classic hot rodded plexi, a very "unforgiving", percussive and organic sound that cleans up nicely when you roll down the volume knob. Talking about Back for the Attack, George used two 1968 Marshall plexi heads and a 100-watt Marshall Super Tremolo that were modified by Lee Jackson of Metaltronix, fitting them with 6550 power tube sections..he also boosted the signal with either an Ibanez Tube Screamer or a Boss GE-7.. well I'm no Lynch, but I think I got pretty close using the 50watt Plexi high in the Axe, no OD in front, and Plate reverb..let me know what you think, guitar is a Chapman ML1-BEA (alder body-seymour duncan custom/'59-floyd rose trem)..keep in mind I'm still on fw10.02 so the patch will most likely sound different if you are on fw11!

brilliant, just brilliant, really appreciate you sharing the patch, thanks mate.

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a Lynch Fan as well and a NEW AFX II Owner as of a few days ago. It is amazing, but I don't know squat! I just twist a few knobs and jam, but need to do some reading to figure this thing out! It goes Deep!

This is recorded with a digital sony Cyber Shot Digital Camera on a music stand. Very high tech! Oh ya, just noticed I am wearing an Andy Timmons shirt from a local Dallas Show.....

that was spot on! great playing man!

Thanks for the nice comment and THANK YOU Rocco For a great Patch! Nice to share and great playing yourself!!!!!!!!!

I see you are from Italy, cool! My Grandfather was born in Rene by the heel of the Boot. I am 1/2 Italian and it is my Best 1/2.......

Can't wait to download your patch tonight
:mrgreen

Patches like this are a big reason why I bought an AxeFX in the first place. Wow man, downloaded the patch and instant Lynch tone! On 11B and played every Lynch riff I could think of and looked at my speakers wondering if this was for real.

Thanks for sharing!

I was finally able to load this under v11. The patch translated well to V11. It would never load for me under 10.02 so I don't know how it comares. Great patch either way. Thanks for sharing it!

I was finally able to load this under v11. The patch translated well to V11. It would never load for me under 10.02 so I don't know how it comares. Great patch either way. Thanks for sharing it!

Well, I have had the exact opposite experience. I have not in the past had any luck downloading patches - they never sound like the clip, in my experience. However, this patched was as close to perfect as I could tell in 10.12, but with updating to 11 there is a significant change - it sounds trebly and brittle. I tried to improve it yesterday with some tweaking and got it better now, but still not as good as originally.
Anyone else have this experience? If so, have you been able to recreate the original patch? I would also be interested in hearing the OP's thought process in creating this patch. There are several advanced parameter tweaks in the preset (input trim lowered to 0.85, pre-amp bias increased, etc. was this trial and error or shooting for a particular tone flavor present in George's sound?
Again, wonderful patch and much appreciated.

KG

This is the best patch I have downloaded off the exchange. It's amazing! Great job, you really nailed Lynch on this one, I got my old Dokken Tab Book out, you've wasted my weekend for sure! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom