Galo's Dumble tone

Galo, I liked both tones but I have to say that I liked your Ojai tone better. Perhaps that comes down to the video recording, but it had something going on in the upper mids I preferred. It was smoother and creamier. . . more Santana-like.

Thank you for posting. Loved what you did over that backing track!

Terry.

Everybody has an opinion about what a Dumble tone is. By having played so many clones, I think Cliff nailed the HRM model.
This is how I would adjust the tone in an Dumble HRM. Hope you like.;)
Sounds like a great Dumble clone! :D

I think in pursuit of the 'Dumble' sound, many amp makers have actually created a new tone.

Having played several Dumble clones myself including my current line of 'Dumble pedals' (Zen Drive, Wampler Ecstasy, Ethos OD) I would say they all sound fantastic, though not like a 'Dumble' per se. The 'Dumble' models in the AXE FX sound amazing and are my favorite models. Still they sound like the new breed of Dumble Clones to me. A sound all its own. Same as the pedals I own and the amps I have owned and played. One of the best sounding ODs out there IMO. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

Not how I like to sound through a Dumble, but you sound freakin' awesome! Kinda Santana tone, but better playing in my opinion :)

Thank you guys.

Tone Seeker I agree with you. The Dumble tone is excellent but the HRM does something to the mids that I can not explain. The OJAI is my favorite so far.
Galo, I liked both tones but I have to say that I liked your Ojai tone better. Perhaps that comes down to the video recording, but it had something going on in the upper mids I preferred. It was smoother and creamier. . . more Santana-like.

Thank you for posting. Loved what you did over that backing track!

Terry.

I can see the soul in your playing and you most definitely channel some Carlos Santana.
Make one note sing when you feel it let it ring

Thunder and lightening, very very frightening... Galo-playo, Galo-playo Galo-playo Dumble tone!

Sweeter than honey on Texas toast.

Very nice playing and very nice sound! Was the background sound some kind of pad you're recorded in a DAW?
I loved the atmosphere that you established with your playing and the harmony in the back.

:)

Freaking awesome.

I'm gonna get out of my high gain box and dink around with this badboy tonight. I don't know if my fingers quite have that tone though. :)

Back
Top Bottom