G3 Recto sound just like a Mesa Roadster!

Oh I completely understand what the speaker page does. On the other hand, I'm not sure you know what a hyperbole is.

And it also doesn't matter which one is the Axe-fx II and which one is the amp. They don't sound the same as each other, which is exactly what your title and claim is. I suppose maybe your inability to grasp that is caused by oxygen deprivation being brought on by spending too much time blowing hot air up everybody's collective butt about this point you keep going on about, though. So prognosis probably isn't good. :encouragement:

Hahhahahahaha I finally realized why you're so angry. :lol Don't you have another forum that's built for that? Seriously give me your vote and stop this off topic ramble.

Clark, you're using Recto2 for these? Do you generally go with 2 over 1?

Yeah the Recto 2. It's closer to the Roadster and that's why I use it since the Roadking tone is what I'm going for. (Petrucci TOT tone) In the end I found that the biggest difference between the Axe-Fx and the real amps stock was the low end. Once again it's probably 100% in line with Cliff's real amps but just for the sake of wanting "my Roadster back" I wanted to really nail this tone. Right now my Recto patch is really musical and harmonic in cool ways. I published the settings in the FW18 beta thread so you can try them out. :)

We've had a Rev G Recto (Irotlas owned it) also but the Roadster is the one that I miss the most. :)

And everyone who wants to try this preset here are the settings:

RECTO2 RED MDRN with drive at 7, bass at 3, middle and treble at 7, presence at 0.5, master at 1.00 and to get the low end correct I raised the low cut freq to 150hz in the DYNEQ page.

Other than that it's completely stock. :)

RECTO2 RED MDRN with drive at 7, bass at 3, middle and treble at 7, presence at 0.5, master at 1.00 and to get the low end correct I raised the low cut freq to 150hz in the DYNEQ page.

I was using similar settings with FW17, but after loading the new public beta of 18 and fine tuning the amp with your settings I find myself in tonal bliss. Paired with the new Port City cab I just got and I'm ecstatic.

Wonderful tone Clark:applause:
I think the cab block is one of your cab7, which ir you used?
Tnx ;)

Interesting clips. The first ones were markedly different. The second ones a touch closer but still significantly different. Especially in the mids and lows. If you are just trying to get the essence of your fave amp, then I think you have it. With a bit more tweaking you could probably get really close as the character is close. Cool test.

Back
Top Bottom