• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FX8 delay settings for "bigger" "fuller" guitar sound live

renkairae

Although I've owned an FX8 for a couple of years, I am having difficulty findings a delay setting that will make my guitar "fatter" and "fuller". So far, I am still hearing to much of a slap. Any advice?

Last edited:

renkairae

what's an audio example of what you're going for?
The sound I'm going for is difficult for me to explain. I have a Fender Mustang practice amp that has a reverb/delay setting that makes my guitar sound fatter and more present. I am the only guitar player in a 4 piece classic rock band and I am looking to fill the sound without it being lost or saturated.Thanks for your interest in helping me.

renkairae

Classic trick are two delays, one with a shorter delay around 70-90ms and another longer one with 300+ ms, do dial to your taste. First delay fattens the sound, the second one spreads it out.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely try it.

Budda

Inspired
Although I've owned an FX8 for a couple of years, I am having difficulty findings a delay setting that will make my guitar "fatter" and "fuller". So far, I am still hearing to much of a slap. Any advice?
It's all about the mix, high pass and low pass IMO.

Try this to see if it's the right direction:
  • analog delay
  • your choice of feedback length
  • 38% mix
  • 50% level

EQ:
High pass: 5k
low pass: 100hZ (lowest is 20 IIRC)

JoKeR III

Experienced
I've personally had good success with the time @ 30ms, feedback @ -10 to -15% (minus feedback seems to be key) and 40% mix. Also darken the tone of the Delay by rolling the high cut off to @ 2000Hz, this seems to help thicken the tone.

A Pitch Detune, can also help make the tone sound "bigger". Detune @ -3.0ct, Delay @ 20ms, Mix @ 40%.

Top Bottom