Fx3 and the real marshall jubilee

You also put a year on the power tubes.

True.

The other issue, I think, is a significant difference in pot tapers between the model and the amp. I wonder if the Lerxst Omega was modded with different pot taper values. I’d love to know how the Lerxst varies from a regular Jubilee.

Regardless, as much as I love my Jubilee, I think the Brit Silver model sounds a little better.

True.

The other issue, I think, is a significant difference in pot tapers between the model and the amp. I wonder if the Lerxst Omega was modded with different pot taper values. I’d love to know how the Lerxst varies from a regular Jubilee.

Regardless, as much as I love my Jubilee, I think the Brit Silver model sounds a little better.
You have 2525, it sound more different that 2555. However thanks for your feedback

Two different silver jubilees are going to sound different. The Axe model does sound like a silver jubilee, but it probably doesn't sound exactly like YOUR jubilee.
maybe one will have a little more gain or less, but that’s all. I never found that 2 same models sound drastically different. Sad there is no video comparaison with 4 heads with the same settings to listen to this « huge difference ». (That we know is not huge at all 😅)

@pharmd07 Me yes, as I was selling them. The 100 w got more bass , more headroom … like every lunchboxes against the real stuff . Not saying that the small sound bad hm, but loud that’s not the same .

E1970D01-F292-43FF-964E-E729D7A59A5E.jpegI know these amps well . I have profiled them, played a lot… ah the randy Rhoads … I selled it to a guy who bought a Les Paul at the same time . Good memories . So loud this randy.
Well . If one day cliff can have a jubilee…. I was so close to buy the real one even if I m boogie. But I don’t feel the same magic with the silver in the axe .

I've spent 3 days messing exclusively with the Jubilee model (when I approach one Amp model I act as if I had purchased the real amplifier; I dedicate full time to it). It is really juicy, punchy and powerful, without touching any advanced parameter and without adding drives or effects.

I have found a nice match with the Ownhammer OH 112 DLXVRB V30+C12 121-02. I know that it is not a canonical choice, but I use my ears, not conventions, when selecting CABs. I gravitate towards the IRs that have no fizzyfuzzy at the high frequencies

After 3 days enjoying it (even started recording some Iron Maiden tunes), today I have replaced the Brit Silver with the FAS Hot Rod, and it has been an instant WOW! I am not going back to the Jubilee. Who wants to use a model of a rudimentary apparatus when you can have an idealized design doing the job? :p

Last edited:
Brit pre is interesting too . The afd and jubilee are down on the list but the others are great . It’s not like we don’t have the choice 😅

maybe one will have a little more gain or less, but that’s all. I never found that 2 same models sound drastically different. Sad there is no video comparaison with 4 heads with the same settings to listen to this « huge difference ». (That we know is not huge at all 😅)
Yes and no.
I always had 2 amps for a stereo setup and after my experience over the years it really depends on the manufacturer.
Friedmans really sound very close, also Mesa and some other amps I have used or tested.
But my Marshall’s (JCM 800, 900 and JVM) did sound different. Much different? That also depends on the settings etc. The two JVM were more close than the two 800.
All I want to say is that yes it can be more different than Someone would expect.
Remember the completely different pot in the EVH Plexi etc.

Did you know Steavens Amplifiers?
I know the owner Bernd Stephan very well and I spend many many hours in his shop.
He did build and modify amps for Scorpions, Queensryche etc.
He build a custom amp for me (it’s lost since the flooding in Germany)
He did always measured every single component in his amps to get them sound the closest as possible. I would say that a big Manufacturer can’t handle it like this.

So yeah you are right, sometimes the difference is barely noticeable and sometimes it could be a bigger difference in sound.

I've spent 3 days messing exclusively with the Jubilee model (when I approach one Amp model I act as if I had purchased the real amplifier; I dedicate full time to it). It is really juicy, punchy and powerful, without touching any advanced parameter and without adding drives or effects.

I have found a nice match with the Ownhammer OH 112 DLXVRB V30+C12 121-02. I know that it is not a canonical choice, but I use my ears, not conventions, when selecting CABs. I gravitate towards the IRs that have no fizzyfuzzy at the high frequencies

After 3 days enjoying it (even started recording some Iron Maiden tunes), today I have replaced the Brit Silver with the FAS Hot Rod, and it has been an instant WOW! I am not going back to the Jubilee. Who wants to use a model of a rudimentary apparatus when you can have an idealized design doing the job? :p
I love the Hot Rod, it’s my main amp after I discovered it’s awesomeness!
The York Audio Bogner Cab is a killer combination with the Hot Rod! (I like the YA Blackjack cab as well with it)

OP, I have both.
1. If you’re not going to be happy with a modeler, then there’s little point in buying one.
2. If you buy or already own a Marshall Jubilee, then I can guarantee a sound different compared to my Jubilee.

One tip that worked for me, to compare a modeler to a real amp: I needed to get it moving the same amount of air through a real speaker cabinet.

Personally I didn't like the Ox, and it's extremely overpriced. I went with the Two Notes Reload and the Two Notes Captur which where much better (plus you get Wall of Sound free)

Having used both, if I was to do it again, I'd get the cheaper Captur, the Reload was overkill and the reamping feature was not great to me.

The new white Captur I think you can load IR's into too whereas the old black versions had crap EQ curves.

Just a thought.
How is the Two Notes Captur at attenuating the amp into a real cab?

How is the Two Notes Captur at attenuating the amp into a real cab?
Hi Fizz

If I start with the Reload, when attenuation a 100watt amp, it emitts a rather fizzy sound which, when attenuation and playing at lower volumes kind of ruins the experience as it bleeds into the overall amp sound. You can play at whisper volume with the Reload but due to the topology of using the Reload, so it needs to be away from anything electrical, the amp and the guitar pickups, it's a bit of a pain in the arse of a product to locate.

I put it ontop of my Focusrite when I first bought it, you know as you can rack mount it, turned it on and my sound card shut down. After that the thing just scared me. The fizz if so loud, I could only record on headphones.

The Captur on the other hand only has fan noise which quickly becomes background noise. Without a cab it worked perfectly and due to its size, you can put it behind the amp or somewhere we're the fan notice isn't an issue. It's also phantom powered.

It is worth noting with the Captur that with a cab, it is not silent but only a - 20db drop so not a great option if you are going full on balls to the wall amp volume on stage and need to drop the volume. Great though if you disconnect the cab and record (I had the older black Captur, they have since released a new one which may be more off a drop)

As I never wanted a cab attached and only wanted to get a good signal into the DAW, if I was to do this again, I would ditch the Reload and get a Captur per amp.

What is a shame with the Marshall studio range is the 2525's DI out is not emulated and is after the Power section which is great, it's a damn shame it needs a cab attached as they never built in any load box features. The JCM and Plexi are all emulated with really crap EQ curves.

Never understood why they missed the opportunity as they are Studio amps.

Mike

The other day I spent a little more time trying to match the Brit Silver model to my Jubilee 2525H. I got really close. Then I did a tone match to see how close I got (see screenshot). The curve generated by the tone match block shows the Brit Silver model is quite close to my Jubilee 2525H, certainly not a night and day difference. Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 5.55.51 PM.png

The other day I spent a little more time trying to match the Brit Silver model to my Jubilee 2525H. I got really close. Then I did a tone match to see how close I got (see screenshot). The curve generated by the tone match block shows the Brit Silver model is quite close to my Jubilee 2525H, certainly not a night and day difference. View attachment 91609
Could you please share the amp settings? (In the model, not the real amp)

Back
Top Bottom