Fx3 and the real marshall jubilee

Thanks, maybe the solution is buy fx3 and test it 30days and after decided if this unit is what i want or better return it and buy the real amp. As i have said in term of flexibility and space my first choise is fractal

Just though you know what would be great:

There are mastering websites where you pay a small fee, upload a track and then the site processes and master the song. You then have a few mastering files to download and hey presto, you have a generically mastered piece of crap....

Would that process work for Fractal? So have a user create a DI through the browser then allow them to process that through a few of the Axe Fx presets. It may allow users to gain some perspective on the sounds albeit in a limited fashion. Probably a safer option than a VST or the like and would allow users of other products to test the Axe for free so to speak.

Just a thought.

What was your experience with the Jubilee model when you got your first Axe-FX III?

Now it is probably better with Cygnus.

Do you keep the direct guitar signal of the recordings you made with the Axe-FX III Jubilee? If you think that it can help, you could share it with us, we reamp it through the Axe-FX new Cygnus Jubilee, and we post the results so you can evaluate them.

Having the same preset you used for this recording would be helpful, for A/B comparison:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/my-slash-tone-with-ml-sound-lab-ir.140735/

@Giordydiver For how long did you had the Axe-FX III? Were you happy with the pre-Cygnus Jubilee?

@Giordydiver For how long did you had the Axe-FX III? Were you happy with the pre-Cygnus Jubilee?
i had the fx3 for a few months when was released, i was having fun but i always felt something missing compared to real amps, i felt less body in the bass and less scratchy highs.
I must also said that at the time it was the first experience with digital and I did not know how to move on some things. I also had the fm3 before Cygnus was released, it was a different experience, I got better sounds with this experience but I was too limited in terms of cpu. Now I know that fx3 has had a turning point in terms of sound since its release, especially with the release of cygnus but never play it again.

My experience with jubilee at time was funny but happy for 90%

. . . well the Lerxst Omega is a Silver Jubilee built by Mojo Tone for Alex Lifeson since his vintage models were too temperamental for the road. I'm sure that Cliff knows what's different but fundamentally it's a Jube.

Honestly I played the heck out of a Silver Jubilee in college. It was my fave amp ever but stupidly I sold it. The Jubilee in the AxeFX sounds very much like my amp . . . It's by far my favorite amp in the Axe for any grind. It's just so amazingly fat and juicy! There's something about the treble of that amp that totally cuts through a mix unlike so many of the other Marshalls to my ears. The bass isn't flabby at all - it's just solid Marshall punch.

Anyone that complains about this amp needs to get new batteries in their hearing aids.

In fairness, I wonder if Lerxst eliminated some of those distortion pedals in the Jubilee, aka "clipping diodes"? ;)

I know, this is a bit of pot-stirring, and I don't know the answer, but not everyone loves the sound of those
silicon and LED clipping diodes in the Jubilee. To my ears, that is where that unique treble comes from on the
Jubes. Soomeone abpove mentioned the "scratchy highs" and I am all like, "Yup, that's them." :)

I'm playing with the silver in the axe and after some adds and tweaks and this and that the sound is pretty ok . without boost etc , it s super dirty

So today I decided to try and match up the Brit Silver model to my Jubilee 2525 head.

I did this about a year ago with success, but that was with older firmware. I was able to get them so close that I couldn’t tell the difference in a blind test. I even ran a tone match to see how close I was on the correction EQ graph in the tone match block. The EQ showed VERY little difference.

My experience today was much different. I ran the 2525 into my X-Load and into the AxeFx. I couldn’t the Brit Silver model to sound anything at all like the 2525 this time around, which is weird. The Brit Silver model actually sounded better, with clearer low mids and highs, like it had been EQ’d for a record. The 2525 sounded more stuffy in the low end and didn’t have the same bite.

The only difference between what I did today vs what I did a year ago is the load box. A year ago I used Suhr Reactive Load. Today I used a Fractal X-Load.

Edit: just tried it with my Suhr Reactive Load, still can’t get the model to sound like the amp.

Last edited:
So today I decided to try and match up the Brit Silver model to my Jubilee 2525 head.

I did this about a year ago with success, but that was with older firmware. I was able to get them so close that I couldn’t tell the difference in a blind test. I even ran a tone match to see how close I was on the correction EQ graph in the tone match block. The EQ showed VERY little difference.

My experience today was much different. I ran the 2525 into my X-Load and into the AxeFx. I couldn’t the Brit Silver model to sound anything at all like the 2525 this time around, which is weird. The Brit Silver model actually sounded better, with clearer low mids and highs, like it had been EQ’d for a record. The 2525 sounded more stuffy in the low end and didn’t have the same bite.

The only difference between what I did today vs what I did a year ago is the load box. A year ago I used Suhr Reactive Load. Today I used a Fractal X-Load.

Edit: just tried it with my Suhr Reactive Load, still can’t get the model to sound like the amp.

You also put a year on the power tubes.

Hi guys,
I'm going to buy an fx3 for the second time but there is something that stop me and this is the Marshall Jubilee 2555.

I love the sound of this amp, for me is "The Amp", i know it is modelled on fractal units but i read that this model is way different from the real one. So i ask you if there is anyone that have both and can give me a real feedback about this amp? many say there is something wrong in low end and hi frequencies
Two different silver jubilees are going to sound different. The Axe model does sound like a silver jubilee, but it probably doesn't sound exactly like YOUR jubilee.

Back
Top Bottom