Fx3 and the real marshall jubilee

Giordydiver

Inspired
Hi guys,
I'm going to buy an fx3 for the second time but there is something that stop me and this is the Marshall Jubilee 2555.

I love the sound of this amp, for me is "The Amp", i know it is modelled on fractal units but i read that this model is way different from the real one. So i ask you if there is anyone that have both and can give me a real feedback about this amp? many say there is something wrong in low end and hi frequencies

Hi guys,
I'm going to buy an fx3 for the second time but there is something that stop me and this is the Marshall Jubilee 2555.

I love the sound of this amp, for me is "The Amp", i know it is modelled on fractal units but i read that this model is way different from the real one. So i ask you if there is anyone that have both and can give me a real feedback about this amp? many say there is something wrong in low end and hi frequencies
According to FractalAudio, the reference amp used for the Silver Jubilee isn't actually a Silver Jubilee. It's a Lerxst Omega that Alex Lifeson gave him.

. . . well the Lerxst Omega is a Silver Jubilee built by Mojo Tone for Alex Lifeson since his vintage models were too temperamental for the road. I'm sure that Cliff knows what's different but fundamentally it's a Jube.

Honestly I played the heck out of a Silver Jubilee in college. It was my fave amp ever but stupidly I sold it. The Jubilee in the AxeFX sounds very much like my amp . . . It's by far my favorite amp in the Axe for any grind. It's just so amazingly fat and juicy! There's something about the treble of that amp that totally cuts through a mix unlike so many of the other Marshalls to my ears. The bass isn't flabby at all - it's just solid Marshall punch.

Anyone that complains about this amp needs to get new batteries in their hearing aids.

Last edited:
This has been discussed several time . That’s not the jubilee like we like it for real. SO :
Or you buy both jubilee and axe , like many of us we own our favorite head and the axe, with this you don’t have to think if the model is good or not .
Or you discover the others amps in the unit and they are millions . If you like Marshall, the jcm800 is super great for example .

It’s been a long time we don’t have some new amps even if the list is already huge . Who knows . Maybe one day they will model it .

I can easily dial the Jubilee model to sound like my Silver Jubilee 2525 head, with minimal effort and not having to touch any advanced controls.

I know that model on fractal is based on lerxst omega that is a 50w jubilee model clone, but my question in why a lot of people say that they sound the same and other say that there is a big difference. Ok the personal ideas but if there is a real difference it should be an objective fact

ok but I think it is legitimate to inquire before spending a lot of money, if they tell me that I find A I want it to sound like A and not roughly sound like A.

I refer to this model, i know there are a lot of amp that sound identical

What was your experience with the Jubilee model when you got your first Axe-FX III?

Now it is probably better with Cygnus.

Do you keep the direct guitar signal of the recordings you made with the Axe-FX III Jubilee? If you think that it can help, you could share it with us, we reamp it through the Axe-FX new Cygnus Jubilee, and we post the results so you can evaluate them.

Having the same preset you used for this recording would be helpful, for A/B comparison:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/my-slash-tone-with-ml-sound-lab-ir.140735/

ok but I think it is legitimate to inquire before spending a lot of money, if they tell me that I find A I want it to sound like A and not roughly sound like A.

I refer to this model, i know there are a lot of amp that sound identical

Since now the axe is the only product that make Marshall simulation justice . Then it’s a modeler, there is always a mini difference with whatever thing simulated . But you can tweak everything… it’s hard to not find a tone you like with all the possibilities. Maybe you will use a amp you never think about and loved it .
Once again when you are really in love with one thing, just own it . Maybe use the 4 cables method, don’t know .

My take:

If you want the sound of one amp, buy the amp or you will always be back and forth.

If you want many amps, many effects and/or many tonaly variations, get the Axe.

Will it sound EXACTLY like an SJ.... In my opinion it will depend on how you wish to monitor it. I personally do not like the SJ in the Axe, it just sounds like a Marshall amp, the SJ next to me has something rather special about its tone and reaction (I may have dialled it in badly, who knows, as the Mesa and Hot Rodded JCM800 sound better),

I can advise this from experience. Before the Axe I owned an SJ (still own it), the JCM800 and a JVM410h all going into Load boxes. The JCM800 was my favourite amp closely followed by the SJ. I mostly recorded and played via monitors. After buying the Axe, I found two things, that the Axe sound was far superior than the amp plus load box sound and secondly, I no longer record using the SJ sound as there are far better amps for my taste in the Axe.

My personal opinion is this: if you want a single amp sound, you would be insane to buy an Axe when you could pick up a second hand SJ and have zero compromise. If you want to open your tonal palette and experiment, you will love the Axe.

As much as I love the SJ, and I won't sell it, nothing beats a hot rodded JCM800 panned left, with a Mesa Red panned right in a dual amp rig......just amazing.

Having used modellers for over 20 years, it's the tone chasing people who want the exact feel, sound, response, amp in room sound that are always the most dissapointed. The ones who are open to embracing the differences and focusing on the positives such as not needing to crank a JCM800 in a 8x8 foot room to get some gain, the studio quality effects, the routing options, the lack of cabling, who are the happiest.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom