FW14 "Dynamics" parameter removed, ideas?

Cliff had asked about removing parameters, people were against it, so he said they would all remain. I find it odd, after all that, this was removed anyway.

SOME people were against it. Simply writing "people were against it" like you did hides the fact that the posts were pretty evenly split, from what I remember, if not more posting that they were fine with the removal.

Release notes refresher:

Removed “Dynamics” control from Amp block. "This control is no longer deemed necessary due to the improvements in the underlying modeling."

I would think father knows best... ?

I never used this parameter, but I am feeling the same way I would feel if KISS removed the Peter Criss solo album from their album catalog. Somehow, it should be there, even if I have no plans of using it, and something is amiss, now that it is gone.
best analogy ever.

I tried the tip from Gotmetalboy, see post #18 but could ddefinitely not get the same thing as the Dynamics, maybe I did something wrong.
The reaction I got from the Gate/Expander was very slow unfortunately!

Maybe the Dynamics parameter is unnecessary to be able to make the amps in the axe amplike, but
I see the different parameters as ways to fine tune stuff for my own pleasure!

Last edited:
SOME people were against it. Simply writing "people were against it" like you did hides the fact that the posts were pretty evenly split, from what I remember, if not more posting that they were fine with the removal.

No more gain for you.

So if the "dynamics" control is gone in FW14, what happens to your settings for this control in any given preset where you moved it from the default setting? For me all the controls are like a piece of the puzzle. A giant Jenga if you will. Removing a piece of the puzzle might in some instances ruin a patch that I spent countless hours tweaking. Ugh. I vote to have it reinstated.

Ok, I got some time to try things and I found some knobs that do the trick for me. For you as well?

To replace negative settings of the dynamics knob: Lower dynamic damping a lot (Attn: when you select tubes it gets reset to a value for that tube), if needed rise damping a bit, lower cathode squish a lot, lower sag a bit.

To replace positive settings of the dynamcis knob do the opposite.

By doing so you move away from the real model, your tube setting might get irrelevant.
Now I don't care, I want MY sound. If I just wanted any copy of someone elses sound I could have kept the kemper.

Works good enough for me. Covers around + or - 75% of the dynamics knob, only the extreme settings are out of range for me.
Going to update now.

Oh, am I absolutely crazy or i'm the only one still have DYN Depth/presence at the ADV page in the amp block???!

Last edited:
Come on guys, you really don't need that feature at all to achieve amazing tone... really guys... You want Dynamics, learn how to properly manage your picking technique, use your volume control on the guitar and last time i checks on real amps you can get some pretty good dynamics with a compressor.

The less features the better... IMO.

Oh, am I absolutely crazy or i'm the only one still have DYN Depth/presence at the ADV page in the amp block???!

D: !!!

We all have DYN depth/presence, but what no one has, including you, is a knob simply called "Dynamics".
Go check it out!

D: !!!

We all have DYN depth/presence, but what no one has, including you, is a knob simply called "Dynamics".
Go check it out!
Haha sorry i missed this info, didn't know that there were one,dont use it, aren't the DYN Page enought to set dynamics at all? hehe

Come on guys, you really don't need that feature at all to achieve amazing tone... really guys... You want Dynamics, learn how to properly manage your picking technique, use your volume control on the guitar and last time i checks on real amps you can get some pretty good dynamics with a compressor.

LOL. Do you even know what the parameter did? You are making an a** of yourself here.

And this... just... face palm.

Not the point. The point is , at least for me, tones I spent a long time getting "right", will be affected if you try to instantiate the new version of the amp on the new firmware. Equals=suck.

Back
Top Bottom