FW11 - Having Low End Problems - where is it?

So weird. Maybe try installing a previous firmware that worked for you. See if it goes back to the way it was. If it doesn't then I'm not sure but maybe check the cables and other connections you may have.

I don't get the "reinstall" thing. It's ones and zeroes. It either installs or doesn't, right? How will this help?

I have installed firmware hundreds of times. On a couple I had the install complete and everything was terrible sounding. A quick re-install and all was good. Who knows what it could have been. Some process on the PC corrupting the install? Why or how isn't all that important. It definitely happened. It certainly couldn't hurt other than the 5 minutes it takes. Right?

I thought the firmware install did a checksum verification before it wrote to flash to ensure the integrity of the transfer, and have always wondered that if the issues of this nature are more related to something corrupted in the existing preset/system/global data that 'gets fixed/flushed' during a firmware re-install?? I've not experiences these issues, but it seems to pop up here are there on the forum...

Oh, yes. Nice enough low end using an IR through a monitor. I'm just worried that adding what I need to add in the amp model's EQ is just way too much for the cab affected signal I'm sending to the FOH.

I'm noticing the low-end is much less on FW 11 compared to 11B as well. 11B seemed a bit woofy on a lot of the models. Not sure if 11 is "thin" or not, or closer to what you would normally expect. This is using FRFR.

I'm noticing the low-end is much less on FW 11 compared to 11B as well. 11B seemed a bit woofy on a lot of the models. Not sure if 11 is "thin" or not, or closer to what you would normally expect. This is using FRFR.

this.....

I have not experienced the loss of low end . I just backed up my system 11b and downloaded 11.00 FW and all new banks and presets , with this thread in mind as that lack of low end was a big issue for me at first with the axe fx when I first got it on FW 10.00 I think . I am really VERY VERY pleased and surprised with the factory presets now just really WOW to me the bass is there and balanced . I hope you get it sorted Karl as 11 has some great tones .

I'm noticing the low-end is much less on FW 11 compared to 11B as well.

Good to know it isn't just me. From what all the beta testers were saying, running through a poweramp and cab was going to be a very different experience...in a good way. More thump, etc. It's been just the opposite with me. I've now reloaded the firmware for the third time, did another system reset, and reloaded the 11.0 factory presets. Still no dice.

You can try resetting the system, and re-selecting the Amp types in your Amp blocks, just to make sure.

I rehearsed tonight using v11, and a Matrix and 2x12. Plenty plenty plenty low end.

BTW, that's how I tune my amp blocks. I make sure they sound good through my guitar cabinet.
After that I adjust stuff in the Cab block for FRFR purposes.

Oh, yes. Nice enough low end using an IR through a monitor. I'm just worried that adding what I need to add in the amp model's EQ is just way too much for the cab affected signal I'm sending to the FOH.

If the low end sounds fine with an IR and a monitor then that points to the power amp or cab or cables. We tested V11 with a variety of real cabs and power amps and it sounded great.

Have you tried reverting to 10.xx? You could rule out the power amp if it sounds they way you expect.

Do you have non default settings at the eq page of the amp block?
Since this page changed there can be the cause for some changes to your sound.

not all models in 11b were correct, meaning not MIMIC'd / reworked yet. some were off, some were spot on already. now in 11 they're all done and correct. I don't feel any lack of bass. sounds just like it should.

Back
Top Bottom