FW10 has really F-d UP my Mesa Patches :( ... lot's of work or back to V6???

WOW - Really?????
thankyou thankyou!!!
Please link me in on this - please.

My guitar supplier in the US (big ups to Matt's Music) I believe often lends amps to Fractal (I assume to Cliff???)
So I should quiz him if he lent out any Mesa's he had lying around.

Guys... for those hitting me up in A NEGATIVE WAY to put pre/post stuff up...
Give me a break - haha
I only posted the thread a few days ago for opinions - I've barely even recovered from the weekend!!!
And I linked a few vids up of the past of my exact tones that I liked but no longer sounded like that on FW10 - and was kinda hoping users better than me with FW10 could share some sounds to try that sounded superior to mine.

Animal - HUGE agreeance with you and your comments back to Scott and more broadly to others who think they know it all and just spin sh*t - thankyou and look forward to you A/B'ing yr recto sounds!
Hopefully will make other ppl happy and save me time A/B'ing sounds.

Trolls being positive and negative to anyone here - everyone just ignore them - enough time wasted.

Oh... and that Kudos C%NT having a direct go at me... F#CK U D|CKHEAD - I'd KUTFO
This thread was directly related to my sounds and opinions from the community and needing genuine help - hence the length/likes etc...
For Self Promotion unrelated to my Axe-Fx Sounds...
HERE U GO:
I make $20k + a month to play guitar with some of the best DJ's in the World and while we're at it - get hottest girls/models into clubs and give them free drinks and whatever else we want ;)
Search my Facebook Page - "Lenny D" - please LIKE and more than welcome to check my guitars, hear some clips, and see the shows I play and girls I kick it with.
My youtube Acoustic SHOWS - search "Lenny D Acoustic" or "Lenny D Show" or "BoomBashaTV" (YES Axe-Fx is used)
My EDM releases with Kronic, Bomb Squad (Ministry Of Sound) coming 2nd half of the year (axe-fx used on some) will chart on our ARIA charts
My underground/soulful House Release "Beautiful Thing" with Connect:d - hear my Fender sounds (no Axe-FX) and buy on Traxsouce
US Releases with former Wyclef Jean artist DeJuan coming
LMFAO, Beyonce's musical director, and Flo Rida Support show rough clips - search Youtube "LennyDExtras"
That's just only a bit...
So as desperate as it sounds - there u go.

The outcome of this thread...
I'll try mess with 10.x again with the advice of the positive responses, try a few users patches...
BUT
Prob stick with WHAT WORKS right now for me and it's 6 at this stage gigging week to week...
AND
Keep using and getting the best of the Axe-fx II of course!

Cheers.

Lenny you seem like a likeable guy, and I havent read this thread in detail, but sounds like some jerks pissed u off. However, one reason I really really like this forum is there is not much or no shameless self promotion, this is "who I am", I make this much money etc. In fact usually when people boast the most, they are the least secure or are overstating. (usually, maybe not u but y do it at all?)

I have a serious high education, and etc etc. which I wont go into, but lets leave it there?) In fact Im thrilled when I find out someone famous is lurking here, or posting presets, without making much ado over whatever. No hard feelings just wanted to share my likes about this forum.

Of course you cannot waste anymore time supporting your FALSE claim which is in fact the "bullshit: I was referencing. You pulled the fanboi card and said you were shit on by them IN THIS THREAD yet you actually were not in any way shape or form. Your capitulation is duly noted. :lol

I never said "IN THIS THREAD" specifically....YOU did.

Lenny you seem like a likeable guy, and I havent read this thread in detail, but sounds like some jerks pissed u off. However, one reason I really really like this forum is there is not much or no shameless self promotion, this is "who I am", I make this much money etc. In fact usually when people boast the most, they are the least secure or are overstating. (usually, maybe not u but y do it at all?)

I have a serious high education, and etc etc. which I wont go into, but lets leave it there?) In fact Im thrilled when I find out someone famous is lurking here, or posting presets, without making much ado over whatever. No hard feelings just wanted to share my likes about this forum.

Yeha - apologies for lowering myself down to this level...
But kinda needed to be done.
Cheers mate

I never said "this thread" specifically....YOU did.

Hilarious how some of the fanbois took a shit on a few of us who have been saying all along that the Rectos don't sound the same in FW10. Love it...

You are just looking stupid now. Please then by all means show me where you were shit on in another thread talking about how the Rectos don't sound the same. Oh let me guess... you aren't going to waste any time with that either. :)

Have a great rest of the day.

You are just looking stupid now. Please then by all means show me where you were shit on in another thread talking about how the Rectos don't sound the same. Oh let me guess... you aren't going to waste any time with that either. :)

Have a great rest of the day.

You too!

This thread illustrates the best and worst of the forum. On a positive note we are so lucky to have guys like Simeon who are willing to help others in a calm, practical and non-judgemental manner. The negatives speak for themselves.

At the end of the day, Cliff has taken notice and responded in a calm and professional manner and it looks like Lenny's issues will be rectified (!) which is great, especially as he is a professional musician who relies on the AFX as a tool to earn his living. Maybe in the future some of the over zealous forumites will follow Cliff's example and be less willing to jump in and dismiss other's concerns quite so quickly.

and it looks like Lenny's issues will be rectified (!)

Maybe, maybe not.
Cliff mentioned only the Recto models, not the Marks.
Regarding the Mark models, Matt already said that the IIC+ model is spot-on.
Lenny's issue with fw 10's Brit Brown can't be a MIMIC-error because that model isn't the result of MIMIC-ing a real amp.
We'll see.

Maybe, maybe not.
Cliff mentioned only the Recto models, not the Marks.
Regarding the Mark models, Matt already said that the IIC+ model is spot-on.
Lenny's issue with fw 10's Brit Brown can't be a MIMIC-error because that model isn't the result of MIMIC-ing a real amp.
We'll see.
Maybe Lenny's issues are also related to V10 IRs, if V9 IRs are back as stated by Cliff we'll be able to compare.

There are a few generalizations flying around by a few people... just want to point out that while there was some dismissing of the issues presented, many people also sincerely stepped forward in an honest attempt to help out; so please note that the actions of a few do NOT define actions of the whole. That's a pretty wide brush to paint with.

Absolutely correct Scott, this is one of the typical Internet things I guess, there are always some people that seriously try to help but there will also always be some others that hide behind their screens and use every opportunity to bash others.

see Cliff's most recent thread, "Oops". Those who felt the Mesa models were screwy should feel redeemed and vindicated, finding that there was in fact a problem. And good for you for sticking to your guns - you know your gear and trusted your ears. Feather in your cap. Also, Cliff admitted the error, which is pretty big of him. He could've easily swept it under the rug and released a new f/w with notes regarding improved Mesa models, but he fessed up. This gets big points IMO, and shows that he's human, and cares about his products and customers. This is success story for the forum, putting aside the odd sh!t slinging that can happen when people disagree. It's not about making mistakes, but how you respond when a mistake is made. Proof that this forum works and contributes to the ongoing improvement of the AxeFx. :encouragement:

Honestly I'm not surpised , like I said earlier everything I have seen from the tone match block,IR remixes, the diezel and now the recto model suggestions have been taken on board by Cliff.
Its just a shame that when people do post about problems there is a very small minority that you have to break through a brick wall of smugness and arrogance to get the point across (and it never really does get made with those guys regardless)

I look at this this way , I'm very suspicious of anybody that doesn't have a sense of objectivity over a product that has had many, many revisions and changes

Honestly I'm not surpised , like I said earlier everything I have seen from the tone match block,IR remixes, the diezel and now the recto model suggestions have been taken on board by Cliff.
Its just a shame that when people do post about problems there is a very small minority that you have to break through a brick wall of smugness and arrogance to get the point across (and it never really does get made with those guys regardless)

I look at this this way , I'm very suspicious of anybody that doesn't have a sense of objectivity over a product that has had many, many revisions and changes

At the same time, posting about a problem is a two-way street too. No knock on the OP here, nor on anyone specifically, but too often you see people blasting away in a critical manner with no context, no way to help them and it comes off as an attack rather than a discussion or request for help. It is frustrating at best if you want to help; and some people take offense at worst. **That does in no way excuse what you call the 'brick wall of smugness and arrogance', but it does need to be noted.

It takes two (or more) to tango; nothing is ever entirely one sided on forums.

imho i think the mesa rec sounded meaner /copmressed and metal rdy. in older versions

sounds like the amp is power amp maxed in later versions, or different mics

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom