FW10 has really F-d UP my Mesa Patches :( ... lot's of work or back to V6???

what you quoted doesn't make him sound "offended." at all.

apologetic isn't offended.

I don't really care for all this BS. People that use Rectos and are familiar with them should be able to hear the difference. Period. Obviously 2 different amp don't sound the same.....not really applicable here as the rectos were far apart...Marcus noticed it and posted lots about it, along with several others....and were basically told it was us and things like "try adjusting the EQ"....

Last edited:
You are obviously personally offended, which is pretty funny....not sure why..

I can't speak for Yek, ....but he apologized sincerely for something that does not reasonably apply to beta testers.

Even should you apply this criteria to beta testers,
how accurate should "accurate" be?

What you are expecting of beta testers is beyond their facilities and not practical and should not be expected of beta testers IMHO.

Yeah, no sarcasm at all eh?

I would agree that the Beta testers wouldn't have noticed the Mesa's Being off to Real Life Amps unless they had those Amps to A/B with.
The Mesa's were not "Real messed up".
I used one at Band Practice, the Recto Orange Vintage. It sounded better than ever.
Of course I dialed mine in to my Ear.
I thought they were messed up around FW7 myself... I couldn't get "My Tone" from them anymore.
At FW10 they were much better. Now @FW10.06 from what I can tell, not yet at Band Levels and in a Band Mix, they are going back into my rotation.

I can't speak for Yek, ....but he apologized sincerely for something that does not reasonably apply to beta testers.

Even should you apply this criteria to beta testers,
how accurate should "accurate" be?

What you are expecting of beta testers is beyond their facilities and not practical and should not be expected of beta testers IMHO.

Accurate - meaning as close to the real amp. Isn't that the whole point of modelling?

There needs to be at least one serious metal head beta tester! The current ones are obviously all a bunch of low gain wimps!!! lol

I'll leave it at this;

My apologies for any of my posts that were offensive or taken out of context.
I shouldn't assume that people would easily notice the difference in the rectos.
Didn't mean to start any wars for sure.

Accurate - meaning as close to the real amp. Isn't that the whole point of modelling?

It's the point for many. Right now I'm obsessed with using the AxeFx to create a signature sound. I couldn't care less about what kind of amp it's supposed to be.

Of course ......but it is totally "subjective". Anyone could still find something still "off" with the rectos on FW 10.06.

How should testers know given that FW10 is a radical new upgrade, that something "off" is not part of the retweaking requirement?

I'm not sure but I seriously doubt Cliff expects them also to check and verify for "amp accuracy".....including the newer amps?

I'll leave it at this;

My apologies for any of my posts that were offensive or taken out of context.
I shouldn't assume that people would easily notice the difference in the rectos.
Didn't mean to start any wars for sure.

No problem....we've all experienced similar frustrations.

You are right with the Rectos!

No doubt other issues will be attributed to user error at first and is the majority of the problem. But posts such as these get the attention and rectify the problem.

Let's enjoy FW10.06!

The real answer is: Who gives a shit? It's fixed now and over with.

Isn't this thread primarily supposed to be about the USA Lead amp models in 10.xx?

wcfieldskx, try to imagine yourself in the beta testers shoes when every 5min someone made a new thread saying they are not willing to wait any longer for FW10. Also try to see that this forum makes us all beta testers. This problem was eventually found by the forum and got fixed. So now we should be happy instead of pointing fingers.

That being said the best time to test these is immediately after the MIMIC when Cliff is sitting there with the real amps. But I'm sure he does it already.

wcfieldskx, try to imagine yourself in the beta testers shoes when every 5min someone made a new thread saying they are not willing to wait any longer for FW10. Also try to see that this forum makes us all beta testers. This problem was eventually found by the forum and got fixed. So now we should be happy instead of pointing fingers.

That being said the best time to test these is immediately after the MIMIC when Cliff is sitting there with the real amps. But I'm sure he does it already.

Agreed. People get far too defensive/offensive in this place. So can all the honkies, brotha's, Ese's and the like get over it and just enjoy the bloody FW update?

Why do these threads have to end in a pissing contest. Cliff should start charging for FW updates and release them every 6 months after the beta testers have checked them thoroughly. I'm sure you'd all prefer that. No?

Yes, good points and I'm glad it's fixed..

Yes, good points and I'm glad it's fixed..

+1

Gentlemen, it's all good. Let's focus on the good stuff. It's great to see people happy with the Rectos now.

Back on-topic: Lenny, do the v9 cabs in 10.06 solve your issue with the Mark?

Clark Kent; said:
Also try to see that this forum makes us all beta testers. This problem was eventually found by the forum and got fixed.

Very true! Once we got past the odd guy that told us nothing was wrong and it sounded better than ever ;)
Anyway!!!!!!! Onwards and upwards

Back
Top Bottom