• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FW 6.0 Rectifier Obsevation

Drummerboy7816

Anyone else notice how "real" the rectifier sounds now? At first I thought it sounded very muddy and unpolished based my old settings.. Then I realized that's how my real recto sounded in those settings without a boost pedal in front to clean it up. I threw in a 808 with gain at 0 and tone at 10 and it reacted and tightened up just like my real recto does... Very cool!!

sprint

Power User
Drummerboy7816 said:
Anyone else notice how "real" the rectifier sounds now? At first I thought it sounded very muddy and unpolished based my old settings.. Then I realized that's how my real recto sounded in those settings without a boost pedal in front to clean it up. I threw in a 808 with gain at 0 and tone at 10 and it reacted and tightened up just like my real recto does... Very cool!!
Yes - noticed this too - On the plus side it's very realistic. On the challenging side those like myself that have done most of their playing on digital stuff now need to get the hang of dialing in real tube amps. I'm struggling to get a clean singing hi-gain tone- will try your suggestion

Drummerboy7816

Good luck! My real Rectifier was one of the hardest amps for me to get it sounding decent.. Another thing I would try is to EQ out some of the 250hz freq. That and a clean boost did it for me!

Top Bottom