FW 6.0 Rectifier Obsevation

Anyone else notice how "real" the rectifier sounds now? At first I thought it sounded very muddy and unpolished based my old settings.. Then I realized that's how my real recto sounded in those settings without a boost pedal in front to clean it up. I threw in a 808 with gain at 0 and tone at 10 and it reacted and tightened up just like my real recto does... Very cool!!

Drummerboy7816 said:
Anyone else notice how "real" the rectifier sounds now? At first I thought it sounded very muddy and unpolished based my old settings.. Then I realized that's how my real recto sounded in those settings without a boost pedal in front to clean it up. I threw in a 808 with gain at 0 and tone at 10 and it reacted and tightened up just like my real recto does... Very cool!!

Yes - noticed this too - On the plus side it's very realistic. On the challenging side those like myself that have done most of their playing on digital stuff now need to get the hang of dialing in real tube amps. I'm struggling to get a clean singing hi-gain tone- will try your suggestion

Good luck! My real Rectifier was one of the hardest amps for me to get it sounding decent.. Another thing I would try is to EQ out some of the 250hz freq. That and a clean boost did it for me!

Back
Top Bottom