FW 6.0 enhancer block

javi82

Hi!

I use now fw 4.01 because my presets use "older" enhancer block. Enhancer its not anymore same settings in fw 5 and 6. My presets sound very different with fw 5 and 6 :cry... any ideas? Or do I have to stay in Fw 4.01..

Last edited:
more stuff going on than just the enhancer in v5 and v6.. I would just set some time to work on it and mod them to work.

You can't get the same effect with the enhancer as before, no matter the tweaking, as it works on a very different principle now.
But you could try around with it to see if you find something different that you equally like (?)

I think you could also (ab)use a delay or a flanger block to get the old enhancer effect. All it did was delaying one of the stereo channels (up to 20 ms)

Delay doesn't have as fine of resolution. I have been able to get the same effect with the flanger. The chorus might work, I haven't tried that.

The only way to do it now is to use multiple blocks, and as Sean points out, it is not the same.

The delay on one side trick does not work... I have been TRYING to get back the sound of the enhancer like it was in 4 and previous, but no luck. I wish Cliff would explain if there is a way to get it to act like it was in v4... it was much more like a Spatializer effect... made presets sound HUGE...

Delay doesn't have as fine of resolution. I have been able to get the same effect with the flanger. The chorus might work, I haven't tried that.

I know, but if one of the coarse values (e.g., 10 ms) is just the right one, why not use it? Of course you have to know about it and try around. If the desired value is somewhere in between, then you're right, you're out of luck.

The delay on one side trick does not work... [...] it was much more like a Spatializer effect... made presets sound HUGE...

Apart from the finer adjustments it should be possible. Did you use some phase reversal in the enhancer additionally?

Then I WISH Cliff would reinstate the OLD version of the Enhancer and rename the old one the "Spatializer"... It was FAR more effective at creating HUGE processed type guitar sounds. The new one is more like a BBE, where the old one is more like a Spatializer plug-in...

PLEEEEEEEASE Cliff !!??

Last edited:
Then I WISH Cliff would reinstate the OLD version of the Enhancer and rename the old one the "Spatializer"... It was FAR more effective at creating HUGE processed type guitar sounds. The new one is more like a BBE, where the old one is more like a Spatializer plug-in...

PLEEEEEEEASE Cliff !!??

Yes, this is what I mean too!

PLEASE Cliff!!

"Frequency based", Sean? Huh? How does that work?

Personally, I'm surprised the enhancer block was changed at all. I've never seen on any other modern effect processor do this effect well (or even offer it as an effect, for that matter) except the stereo spatializer tc electronic once offered.

"Frequency based", Sean? Huh? How does that work?

Personally, I'm surprised the enhancer block was changed at all. I've never seen on any other modern effect processor do this effect well (or even offer it as an effect, for that matter) except the stereo spatializer tc electronic once offered.

By emphasing some frequencies on one side and others on the other side.

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes

Added “Classic” mode to Enhancer block which uses old Haas effect delay-based processing. The Type parameter selects between the new (Modern) and old (Classic) enhancer types.

Added “Classic” mode to Enhancer block which uses old Haas effect delay-based processing. The Type parameter selects between the new (Modern) and old (Classic) enhancer types.

Most appreciated, the best of both worlds. Awesome.

I'm about to drive all the way to NH just to buy the whole FAS team as many beers as they want, for all the things they do!!

Cliff,

Thank you!!!

Absolutely AWESOME !!!! THANK YOU Cliff !!

Come vacation in Florida... I'll buy you dinner or get you in for a round of golf at a very well known course... :)

Back
Top Bottom