FW 5.01 VH BALANCE

jvhplayer

Can someone please record a fw 5.01 van halen balance sound? I've read the best way to recreate is to use a soldano with PCM 70 and harmonizer. I do not own axe fx II yet, but my coupon will come soon. I'm just curious how close this can get. Is it possible to emulate the wet dry wet mix?

Thanks in advance

Well, here you go... Actually I have no idea if this is a Balance tone. It just features the Detune fx. :)

Yek can't play Van Halen

FAS 6160 amp, pretty default with Presence at 3 and Bass at 2
Red Wirez 5150 Sheffield IR (stereo), SM57 Cone 1"
Plate Reverb
Pitch set to Detune.

First part played with guitar volume at "2".

Axe-Fx II via USB straight into Logic.

Last edited:
Nice Yek! Dig the "Blackbird" part at the beginning. :) So, you too... can you please post your preset for this one?

This was my first incarnation during testing.....Its old and I havent made a new one with production firmware 5.0+. Very little effects as I wanted to get the tone

Very nice man - great thump (I loved that bit on the original Deja Vu when I first heard it)

Well, here you go... Actually I have no idea if this is a Balance tone. It just features the Detune fx. :)

Yek can't play Van Halen

FAS 6160 amp, pretty default with Presence at 3 and Bass at 2
Red Wirez 5150 Sheffield IR (stereo), SM57 Cone 1"
Plate Reverb
Pitch set to Detune.

First part played with guitar volume at "2".

Axe-Fx II via USB straight into Logic.

Hahahahaha

Love it!!

Wow noone plays around here... Thank you for the fast responses. The 6160 doesn't really sound like it, but I'm blown away at the "tube" sound.... Great emulation. It's so close to real!!! I can't wait to get mine!!!

Dojo that's very very close.. Great ear! What did you use amps effects?

Last edited:
Wow noone plays around here... Thank you for the fast responses. The 6160 doesn't really sound like it, but I'm blown away at the "tube" sound.... Great emulation. It's so close to real!!! I can't wait to get mine!!!

Dojo that's very very close.. Great ear! What did you use amps effects?

You should sit right next to me when I play......the interwebz (soundcloud) doesnt do it justice. 8)
Cameron CH.2 !! little bit of reverb on the first part and a lite chorus on the second half.

You should sit right next to me when I play......the interwebz (soundcloud) doesnt do it justice. 8)
Cameron CH.2 !! little bit of reverb on the first part and a lite chorus on the second half.

Killer!!!...The chunky-chunk harmonic pick swipes you do really display that ,..that,..that cranked tube tone!!!....Love that!!

Back
Top Bottom